Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Business Development will have responsibility for the growth of HouseCalls to external clients. The position will work with the HouseCalls business teams and Optum sales organization to expand business to new clients. The position will require collaborative work across the enterprise. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing direction, strategy, collaboration and leadership to the sales organization to achieve new sales goals
- Establish external value proposition and develop competitive strategies to facilitate the execution of sales goals
- Assist in the development of annual lead plans, monitor productivity and progress toward achieving desired results.
- Develop key internal and external relationships to facilitate results. Understand and create a strategy based on analysis and reporting of sales and market trends; including competitive intelligence and new product requirements
- Work with other Optum business units to uncover & facilitate joint sales opportunities
- Collaborate with the product organization and other functional organizations in the development and enhancement of current products, services and customer offerings
- Be the subject matter expert to ensure all sales teams are fully competent and trained appropriately to sell HouseCalls products
- Work collaboratively with shared service functions and internal teams to streamline quoting, proposal responses, contracting and onboarding
- Collaborate in developing robust sales materials including white papers, sales presentations, case studies and other tools to inform and help explain program and value proposition
- Accountability for external channel sales results
- Possesses expert consultative skills
- Determines business solutions that positively impact the organization's profitability
- Assist in business case creation to develop new client sales requests
- Effectively manage escalated issues and remove obstacles to close new deals
- Develop and partner as the business SME in sales and finalist presentations
- Provides clear consistent communication to reach the goals of the organization
- Competitive intelligence: Monitor, identify trends and create actions plans to address
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of business development, product, and/or distribution related experience
- Health Care industry experience
- Skillful in influencing and negotiating
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Word, including ability to create interactive presentations
- Vast experience in sales or client management and experience in working with large, complex customers
- Proven negotiation skills; the ability to gain acceptance from others of a plan or idea and achieve a mutually beneficial outcome
- Proven ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, strong financial acumen with experience in measurement, data analysis and interpretation
- Strong focus on execution and delivery
- Exceptional interpersonal, social and conflict management skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to self-manage according to priorities
- Demonstrated track record in generating results that have a positive impact on organizations
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to translate complex to easily understandable actionable terms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present business strategies effectively to senior leaders and large groups
- Strong cognitive skills - including problem solving, decision making and analysis
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and offer solutions/recommendation
- Ability to thrive, quickly adapt to change - and lead others through change - in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and matrixed work environment
- Experience in Medicare programs
- Strong demonstrated ability to lead business initiatives to a successful result
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to effectively deal with moderate levels of ambiguity, can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- Effective formal presentation and facilitation skills in a variety of settings
- Strong analytical abilities, organization and project / process management skills
- Good negotiation, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills. Accurately scopes out projects, sets objectives and goals, develops schedules and resource assignments, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals
- Thrives in an environment where everyone needs to be actively chasing after opportunities and actively solving problems.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.