We are seeking a full-time Director of Development and External Affairs, based out of the Santa Barbara area. This is an ideal position for a driven individual with superior communication skills to work alongside our Executive Director in planning, organizing, and implementing continuous effective fundraising programs for Devereux California.
What Will This Opportunity Offer You?
In this highly impactful leadership role, you will have the opportunity to use your expertise to make an immediate and tangible impact on the lives of others. The expectations of this role involve:
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive, strategic plan for development by cultivating individual and philanthropic support through annual giving, major and planned giving, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
- Retaining and stewarding current donors, analyzing donor data, identifying new prospects, and cultivating volunteers for personal philanthropy as well as solicitation efforts.
- Supporting and expanding our current advisory board by inspiring other compassionate community members to join and make a difference in the lives of our individuals.
- Conducting professional external communication with client families, community members, and potential stakeholders in order to strengthen current relationships and build new partnerships.
-Promoting client quality of life and continuing positive relationships with client families by planning Devereux events and fundraisers.
This role will allow the selected individual to work for a stable national non-profit that offers a strong support system and that is driven to continually grow and serve our most vulnerable populations. Devereux offers relocation assistance and is also proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package; http://learn.devereux.org/benefits.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click on the following link to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: public relations, external affairs, marketing, communications, fundraising, event planning, donor management, development, director of development
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional development or related experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and persuasive communication competence.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Devereux.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office applications; Raisers Edge experience a plus.
- Must have consistent writing and editing skills.