Department:OH1CN_86000_000 College of Nursing
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities.
Job Description Details:
For over 100 years Mount Carmel College of Nursing has been committed to lifelong learning in the science of professional nursing. Today our commitment to learning has never been stronger, and has made us the largest private BSN program in Ohio. We’re also committed to faculty experiences and providing our educators the most innovative learning environment possible. The personal passion of our faculty to do what’s right will positively impact patient outcomes for years to come.
The Mount Carmel College of Nursing Director of Diversity & Inclusion provides leadership in support of the College’s commitment to develop a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of the community, including students, staff, faculty members, and alumni
- Leads efforts to promote diversity within the organization through workforce planning and innovative selection/recruitment programs
- Provide vision and leadership in developing and directing diversity and social justice education and training program for faculty and staff
- Identify appropriate metrics and oversee collection of relevant data to benchmark, assess and promote accountability for the effectiveness of the plan and the College’s efforts in
- Create and review College policies, procedures and guidelines related to diversity, equity and inclusion. Serve as a member of the of the College’s policy committee
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- (For nursing leadership) Models and promotes professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®.
- Education: Masters' degree in Business, Human Resources or a related degree required
- Licensure / Certification:
- Experience: Five (5) years of Demonstrated expertise in best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Effective Communication Skills
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and guidance relevant to diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education
- Ability to initiate and oversee major initiatives and programs in diversity, equity and inclusion leadership and management abilities, as well as conflict management and advocacy skills
- Ability to effectively handle information that is confidential and/or sensitive
- Ability to develop and deliver relevant professional development programs
- Strong understanding of shared governance and the ability to function effectively in a collegial higher education environment
Elevating the standards of care begins at Mount Carmel. No matter what role you play, working with us means being a part of a team focused on excellence. Join us today.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.