When it comes to providing new hope and a new path to wellness, specialty pharmacy companies like Avella fill a unique and important role. Avella, now part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing breakthrough medications, innovative clinical pharmacy programs and technological tools to providers and their patients across the nation. We create a viable level of access to many of the newest, most advanced medications in addition to a suite of tools that include mobile apps, text messaging tools and smart pill bottles. Whether you bring a clinical or business background to our opportunities, you can be sure that you'll be making a meaningful contribution to important solutions and services. Find out more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for the leadership, direction and day to day management of the Avella IT programming staff and ensures in house software solutions perform at the highest standards and are coded in current, up to date programming standards.
Data Warehouse Administrator, Software Development Manager/Lead Architect, BI Programmer
- Manage IT programming staff to maximize output and quality to include projects and assign tasks to maximize talents and time of staff members
- Manage budget
- Design long term architecture for in house software solutions
- Assess, develop, and apply new technology
- Manage vendors to provide best service at lowest cost
- Communicate to executives on IT related matters
- Varied work hours exceeding 40 hours per week as the norm
- Office environment at Headquarters performing tasks and interacting with employees
- Often make multiple field operations visits for work schedules
- Traveling approximately 20% to multiple-sites and states
- BS in computer science or computer systems engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing 10 or more employees
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT
- Technical skills in any area of IT (Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft technologies, SQL, Software Design, Network Architecture, Networking, etc.) ** At least 10 years’ experience
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrate ability to lead people to get results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, problem solve and resolve conflict
- Master’s degree
- Technical certifications
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.