When it comes to providing new hope and a new path to wellness, specialty pharmacy companies like Avella fill a unique and important role. Avella, now part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing breakthrough medications, innovative clinical pharmacy programs and technological tools to providers and their patients across the nation. We create a viable level of access to many of the newest, most advanced medications in addition to a suite of tools that include mobile apps, text messaging tools and smart pill bottles. Whether you bring a clinical or business background to our opportunities, you can be sure that you'll be making a meaningful contribution to important solutions and services. Find out more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Enterprise Solutions is responsible for the leadership; direction and day to day management of the Avella IT programming staff to ensure in house software solutions perform at the highest standards and are coded in current, up to date programming standards.
- Manage IT programming staff to maximize output and quality to include projects and assign tasks to maximize talents and time of staff members
- Establish a vision for team comprised of: Data Warehouse Administrator, Software Development Manager / Lead Architect, BI Programmer, Product Owners, and Business Analysts
- Manage budget
- Design long term architecture for in house software solutions
- Assess, develop, and apply new technology
- Manage vendors to provide best service at lowest cost
- Communicate to executives on IT related matters
- Traveling approximately 20% to multiple-sites and states
- BS in computer science or applicable experience
- 5+ years of experience managing employees
- Experience managing within an Agile Methodology
- 8+ years of experience in Microsoft technologies, SQL, software design, network architecture
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast paced corporate environment
- Ability to travel approximately 20% to onsite locations
- Experience with healthcare
- Knowledge of SQL Reporting package (SSIS, SSRS, ETL process life cycle)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Software Engineering, Software, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, Enterprise Solutions, Director, Technology, Arizona, Phoenix, AR