Responsible for the physical plant, maintenance and engineering operations for Xanterra South Rim property.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall asset management and operation of the physical plant(s) on the Xanterra South Rim property.
- Oversees and assists maintenance and repair of all facilities in accordance to the Concessions Contract.
- Responsible for maintaining robust CMMS system to encompass preventative maintenance, recurring maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled repair, component renewal and deferred maintenance and project documentation.
- Responsible for compiling and execution of the Annual Maintenance Plan and extended year plan to include the CMMS reporting areas listed above.
- Oversees and assists the project teams in the management of all aspect of planning, design, and construction, from project inception through closeout.
- The Director, in coordination with the Assistant Director and the Project Managers, ensure all projects meet regulatory and contractual requirements, as well as National Park Service and Xanterra objectives.
- Works closely with various National Park Service divisions on engineering projects, abatements, and compliance issues.
- Compile and execute the annual three year Xanterra South Rim Capital Expense plan.
- Responsible for creation and administration of department financial plan, and management of plan including labor. Maintain the property level documentation as it pertains to the Lease Hold Surrender (LSI) for eligible projects.
- Responsible for completing annual performance reviews for Engineering personnel and administering department personnel matters.
- Communicate with the Assistant Director of Facilities to ensure that maintenance work orders are being completed in a timely and satisfactory manner. This includes preventive, predictive and scheduled maintenance.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Facilities to ensure the timely completion of NPS required inspections and inspection related work orders.
- Communicate with project management team to ensure completion of projects on schedule and within budget. Approve final sign off on all projects.
- Work with Assistant Director of Facilities and Property Controller to ensure that parts inventory database is current, that inventory cost is within budget and invoicing/ordering is following company guidelines.
- Ensure that department is complying with all Company, NPS and other Federal laws and regulations regarding HAZMAT, HAZCOM, risk management, confined space, lockout-tag out, ergonomics, current ADA/ABAAS accessibility guidelines and vehicle use.
- Work closely with Director of Sustainability to ensure compliance with all company and NPS sustainability policies and procedures.
- Project a commitment to Xanterra South Rim Sustainability Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out duties as Director on Duty as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Engineering, Construction and Project Management, or Building Technology is preferred.
- Eight to ten years of progressive management experience in Engineering Maintenance.
- Experience with historic structures and preservation guidelines and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience managing concurrent large, complex engineering projects.
- Knowledge of physical plant operations including boilers, generators, pumps, water/waste treatment, gas/fuel lines and power lines.
- Detailed knowledge and ability to comply with the Concessioner, Service, and other federal/Arizona governmental requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management Systems, data analysis, and reporting Experience with Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA)/Federal Government safety requirements and NEPA requirements.
- LEED® AP Accreditation/Green Build experience is preferred.
- Project management experience including cost estimating, bid notices and contract negotiations.
- Experience with preventive maintenance best practices and curing deferred maintenance in remote operations with seasonal weather variations.
- Experience in the creation of construction management programs and financial plans for the Engineering Department.
- Hands-on management style with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Strong relationship and communication skills with the ability to convey ideas effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess physical agility to ascend/descend a ladder or scaffolding, tour construction site, and enter confined space.
- Possess or obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s license within 90 days of start date and comply with the company Driver Safety Program.
Free in-park housing provided. Complimentary meals and Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available. 401K. Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY visit www.grandcanyonlodges.com/careers