This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for providing leadership, strategic vision and thinking that results in membership growth and brand penetration within the local community. This role will position UnitedHealth care Community and State as an industry leader in delivering innovative solutions to members, providers, and stake holders of health care services.
UnitedHealth care Community & State will demonstrate its value proposition by building favorable relationships with community and faith-based organizations, non-profit groups, and government agencies that provide services to enrollees in public health care programs.
Positions in this function are involved in developing market strategies to support products and drive membership / sales growth. Positions develop strategies and tactical plans to support consumer / member innovation, support new product and program launches, and combat competitive pressures. May analyze economic considerations, develop marketing forecasts, estimate costs, and manage program/project budgets.
- Development and execution of marketing plan for the Medicaid health plan
- Management of supervisor of community outreach field staff
- Represent the health plan to community organizations and at meetings
- Development, editing of marketing materials
- Maintenance of regulatory submissions required for marketing materials and plans
- Attendance at public meetings, conferences, etc. where the health plan may have involvement
- Act as innovation lead
- Experience working in matrixed organizations
- 7+ years’ experience in developing market strategy plans
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team
- Healthcare experience
- Experience developing innovative strategies
- Experience working with the Medicaid eligible population
- Experience working with the DSNP eligible population
- Familiarity with the State of Michigan's Medicaid marketing restrictions
- Proficient in the use of MS Office. Must have experience creating presentation and reports within Excel and PowerPoint
- Position will require up to 50% travel throughout MI
- College degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Licensed in DSNP
- RFP experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Field marketing, marketing outreach, medicaid, Southfield, MI, Michigan