Partner with UHGV leadership to develop shared service strategy and drive consistency across portfolio companies, identifying risks and solutions for mitigation. This role will manage all UHGV shared services resources and will drive alignment across the organization, with the following key responsibilities:
- Monthly close - Partner with portfolio companies in close process, assisting as necessary. Be liaison between portfolio companies and UHG Accounting
- Monthly reporting - Prepare and analyze financial statements and FTE reporting
- Quarterly forecasting – Collaborate with UHGV staff on UHGV departmental budgeting, partner with portfolio companies to build forecasting processes consistent with UHG timelines, consolidate results and review with UHGV management, and act as liaison between portfolio companies and UHG FP&A for submission
- Treasury/PCI/Payment Services – act as a liaison between portfolio companies and UHG functional leader, expense management, ensure PCI compliance, develop and maintain delegation of authority levels
- Audit/Risk Mgmt – partner with external auditor to perform reviews on portfolio companies, and establish internal audit procedures. Conduct risk assessment of portfolio companies and partner with UHGV and company to address and mitigate risks
- Insurance – act as a liaison between portfolio companies and UHG functional leader for all types of insurance needs
- Investment Reporting - Perform tracking of all outside UHGV investments and consolidation of performance
- Other ad hoc requests from UHG Corporate
- Benefits – Partner with external broker to manage health and wellness benefit plan, including open enrollment for portfolio companies
- 401k – Partner with UHG to manage the administration of the UHGV 401(k) plan for portfolio companies
- FTE management – Manage onboarding of new employees within UHGV and support process for portfolio companies
- Communications - Support annual employee satisfaction survey and resulting action plans, partner with UHG functional leaders on any communications related to portfolio companies
- Policies and procedures – ensure portfolio companies have established policies and procedures in line with UHG guidance
- Support ad-hoc HR issues that are escalated to UHGV
- Act as liaison between portfolio companies and external/internal counsel for any legal matters, as required
- Manage UHGV Compliance Hotline
- Partner with UHG functional leads on privacy matters, as required
- Partner with UHG functional leads to manage UHGV real estate portfolio
- Establish procurement process for portfolio companies and manage external vendors
- Bachelors Degree
- 7+ - review, prepare Financial statement experience, balance sheet
- 7+ years of experience in business or finance analysis
- 7+ years of experience gathering and documenting requirements from the client or business
- 7+ years of experience with process evaluation and improvement, workflows, and / or benchmarking
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Performs work in a self-directed manner and works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serve as a resource to others
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analyses
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including multiple priorities and the ability to research conflicting and / or inaccurate data
- Strong organizational skills: coordination of project activities, scope management, change control process, cross functional issue resolution, maintaining and tracking issues log, preparing status report
- Support short and long term operational / strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop recommended business solutions through research and analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.