Job ID 34745
Position Location US-GA-Atlanta
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Atlanta
Job Category Finance - Accounting
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of this job position is to manage and lead the financial reporting functions within the Finance department. This includes the application of GAAP to prepare and analyze the financial statements of the company.
As Director of Financial Reporting, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. This position will manage multiple areas of corporate reporting and will be utilize current support staff as needed by coordinating activities with department management. Every effort has been made to identify the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Corporate Controller with the consistent application, development and integration of accounting policies.
- Assist in the review of the financial statement closing process to ensure transactions are recorded and completed accurately andin accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Supervise a team of managers and accountants as assigned to complete all reporting requirements according to assigned deadlines.
- Work closely with management to analyze the monthly financial results for the specific corporate reporting area assigned and the overall company financial statements.
- Assist Corporate Controller with research and preparation of technical accounting memorandums to support the company's accounting positions for GAAP.
- Assist with overall management of annual audits.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements and all corresponding footnotes.
- Assist Corporate Controller with maintaining and improving the internal control structure of the company.
- Create and maintain complex analysis to meet financial reporting requirements.
- Manage all financial reporting requirements and communications with external parties related to lease and debt compliance and any associated due diligence.
- Engage in efforts to continually improve and streamline the company's accounting processes.
- Assist Corporate Controller with all valuation and due diligence efforts related to acquisitions or divestitures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform all other business-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 10+ years overall accounting experience required.
- CPA preferred.
- Healthcare, Corporate Reporting, or Big 4 public audit experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Proficient personal computer skills to include electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet applications, graphics, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients