The Director of Global Strategic Sourcing reports to the Vice President of Global Strategic Sourcing at UnitedHealthcare Global, and is an integral part of the global strategic sourcing team. This individual is the industry expert for specific product categories (e.g. capital, medical devices, pharmacy, etc.) and also responsible for designing and executing a successful global sourcing process. They are responsible for the development and execution of category strategies accounting for $200-500M in annual purchases; along with managing relevant supplier performance and relationships. Most importantly, this position will lead global sourcing committees to align strategy and implementation efforts across UnitedHealthcare Global’s (UHCG) markets.
If you are located in The United States or Latin America , you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform sourcing and supplier management functions including management of cross functional category teams, category strategy development, supplier negotiations, supplier business reviews, and related activities
- Develop and implement long-range sourcing strategies that meet the clinical, operational and financial needs of providers, consumers and the business
- Analyze business performance and identify, recommend, and implement approved strategic sourcing strategies that increase the company’s competitive edge, expand its strategic sourcing coverage, and increases contract utilization
- Provide insights into supplier, market, and competitive dynamics to assist in the strategic positioning of company in the marketplace
- Become industry expert in specific product and service categories within the healthcare industry
- Partner with business functional committees (e.g. clinical, facilities, pharmacy, etc.) to ensure alignment
- Lead global sourcing committees to align strategy and implementation efforts
- Negotiate individual contracts that may exceed $100M in annual spend
- Develop, train and mentor members of strategic sourcing committees
- Establish appropriate expectations, performance metrics, and support for their committees
- Develop a culture that attracts, rewards and promotes high performing teams
- Cast a leadership shadow with suppliers and colleagues of commitment to quality and extraordinary service
- Identify and recommend improvements to company operations and business systems to improve strategic sourcing efforts and company profitability. Develop, deploy, monitor, and enforce department policies and procedures
- An Undergraduate degree
- SAP, Ariba or similar experience
- Experience constructing a contract with T&C's with large and sophisticated suppliers and negotiating and leading contracts of multimillion or more in annual spend
- Strong industry knowledge of products and services with area of responsibilities
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to travel internationally 25-50% of the time
- An Undergraduate degree, preferably in business, finance or supply chain management
- 5+ years of proven leadership skills developing and leading strategic teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to earn trust as an advisor to clinical and business colleagues, able to influence decisions
- Purchasing process (bids, purchasing item masters, etc) inside acute care hospitals
- Excellent judgment; ability to make sound business decisions with developed and rational business cases
- Highly accountable, capable of leading teams to deliver value according to plan
- Fluent in English, with Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Global strategic sourcing experience strongly preferred, in a contracting, supply chain management, and/or strategic sourcing leadership position
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Supply Chain Director, Supply Chain VP, Strategic Sourcing Director, Strategic Sourcing VP, Materials Management Director, Vendor Management, Supplier Management, Procurement Director, Procurement Manager, United States, Latin America, Telecommute, Telecommuter