$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS For External Candidates!!
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for effectively leading and directing the work of assigned staff within the parameters of designated performance standards and metrics. The HIM Facility and/or CEO Director is expected to motivate staff to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and to meet the organization goals for customer service and financial performance. This position is key in delivering critical feedback and coaching to facility-based leadership, consistently improving the patient, employee and client experience. . This position is directly accountable for meeting performance metrics, key performance indicators established by both the client and Optum 360 to ensure accurate and timely patient health information management and coding. This role is also responsible for creating a patient centric culture while maintaining strong operational metrics and being financially fiscal.
The HIM Facility and/or CEO Director interacts with other departments within the assigned client site(s), and serves as a representative of the O360 HIM Operations department. The incumbent attends managerial meetings as required and supports the core values of Optum360, which is an integral part of this position. The HIM Facility and/or CEO Director drives continuous improvements and tracks, monitors and trends performance to improve business objectives and to disrupt the status quo in order to exceed Service Level Agreement commitments. This position must maintain strong client relationships and represent Optum 360 in all aspects of its values. This HIM Facility and/or CEO Director will serve as a conduit to drive employee engagement, set and balance expectations and reward and recognize winning performance through accountability, performance management, and strong leadership.
Although this position is primarily focused upon the provision of service at the Facility (Hospital and/or Clinics) and/or or within the HIM CEO, the position has frequent contact with the Regional HIM Directors, as well as facility-based clinical and administrative leadership.
This is an office based position located in Merced, CA at the Mercy Medical Center Merced.
- Provides system level oversight for the development of processes and initiatives designed to improve Revenue Cycle performance in assigned areas which includes:
- SLA and MSA Compliance
- Audit Follow-up and Compliance
- Client Liaison (i.e., Relationship development, program coordination)
- Client/Customer Engagement
- Leads and monitors targeted customer engagement improvement initiatives
- Collaborates with and actively coach HIM/Coding leaders, managers, and frontline staff to implement evidence-based strategies to improve the client/customer experience
- Monitors and evaluates the results of various service / satisfaction surveys. Maintains reporting system including aggregation, correlation, and analysis of data to identify opportunities for operational improvements
- Evaluates progress, synthesizes feedback, and identifies barriers to success; collaborates with HIM/Coding senior leadership and client leaders to develop and implement interventions to mitigate / remove barriers and achieve positive experience goals
- Provides administrative oversight for related HIM/Coding initiatives
- Communications including but not limited to: scheduling and conducting regular individual, mgmt. and department meetings for the purposes of disseminating information, performance feedback and development.
- Department Status Report Compilation
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides system level oversight for Optum360 client improvement programs and initiatives related to assigned HIM/Coding activities, working within the functional HIM/Coding and Client leadership, as warranted.
- Effectively participates in HIM/Coding Quality Assurance, Patient Satisfaction, Client Satisfaction, Employee Engagement and Process Improvement activities; ensuring associate understanding and commitment, as well as expected process improvement outcomes.
- Leads by example: promotes teamwork and operational relationships by fostering a positive, transparent and focused working environment which achieves maximum results. Maintains and demonstrates expert knowledge of the application of HIM/Coding processes and best practices; drives the integration of Optum360 HIM/Coding related business objectives within the client environment.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Optum360 Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Serves in a leadership role and promotes positive Human Capital Management skills:
- Interviews, selects and is accountable for the on-going development and evaluation of individuals within the area of responsibility
- Develops associate loyalty and retention through effective associate engagement, inclusion and participation; Proactively solicits, listens to and addresses associate suggestions; Promotes a professional environment that recognizes and respects diversity
- Develops or oversees the development of associate work schedules to ensure cost effective staffing that meets customer requirements, while promoting an economical, efficient workforce and considers associate work-life balance
- Establishes, implements and evaluates on-going performance improvement programs, utilizing an interdisciplinary approach; Escalates to the Regional Director any unfavorable trends or disciplinary actions; Provides managerial follow-up related to performance, up to and including disciplinary actions and termination
- Provides staff training and mentoring to promote growth and development of assigned resources
- Responsible for the financial and personnel management of assigned areas
- Provides leadership for departmental services through collaboration with customers, employees, physicians, clinics, other Optum360 / client departments and services, vendors, etc. Scope of job duties, include and are not limited to:
- Directly responsible for effectively managing the assigned HIM/Coding activities and staff members; recommend, design and implement procedures for compliance with regulations and standards
- Uses knowledge of HIM/Coding industry leading practices, performance metrics and monitors, and other documentation
- Responsible for distributing process updates regarding criteria changes, regulation changes, process and program changes to assigned staff, ensuring their understanding and future compliance
- Manages assigned staff in order to ensure steady workflow balance and high quality outcomes:
- Effectively directs and facilitates a multidisciplinary team to achieve its desired outcome
- Creates a culture supportive of personnel, fostering individual motivation, teamwork and high levels of performance and accountability, and staff retention
- Supports a collaborative, participative management style
- Fosters teamwork atmosphere between business and clinical stakeholders
- Maintains close business relationship with associates at the regional and local levels by ensuring onsite and virtual presence at regular intervals and during special events
- Educates client and organizational associates regarding assigned HIM/Coding requirements:
- Functions as a consultant to Regional and facility-based leadership, physicians, and others regarding assigned performance guidelines and standards for HIM/Coding services
- Identifies action plans to improve the quality of services in a cost efficient manner and facilitates plan implementation
- Prepares required reports using statistically sound information, displaying content in easily understandable format; escalates to the Regional Director any unfavorable trends
- Maintains professional development and growth through journals, professional affiliations, seminars, and workshops to keep abreast of trends in revenue cycle operations and healthcare in general:
- Participates as appropriate in continuing educational programs and activities that pertain to healthcare and revenue cycle management, as well as specific functional areas
- Develops and implements an annual plan of personal and professional development
- Demonstrates the competencies necessary to influence others’ behaviors toward a common dedication to the Optum360’s mission, goals, and objectives
- Participates in local, regional and national health care revenue activities and professionally represents Optum360 at these function
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the Regional Director or in coordination with other Optum360 HIM/Coding or Revenue Cycle Leadership, including but not limited to leading and conducting special projects. Develops project work plans, facilitates resource allocation, executes project tasks and obtains assistance from other intra and inter-functional resources, as required
- Subject Matter Expert of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, Optum360’s Compliance, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior
Required Qualifications:Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field Required Certifications include RHIT or RHIA CCS or AAPC for direct oversight of coding functions 5+ years in leadership role with experience in the management of supervisors / leaders Acute Care Facility HIM and / or Coding Department leadership experience, managing one or more functional areas of: HIM, Coding, or other management functions related to revenue cycle activities in a complex, multi - site environment Experience consulting and project management experience in revenue cycle design and optimization Technical Knowledge
- Experience leading or participating in HIM and / or Coding - related IT and / or Contact Center program implementation
- Requires proficiency with: Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Prior experience with the major HIM and / or Coding technologies currently in use, and / or other “like” systems
Preferred Qualifications:Excellent organizational skills (ability to multi - task, produce rapid turnaround, and effectively manage multiple projects) Exemplary level leadership and business driver skills (ability to make hard decisions focusing upon operational goals and business requirements) Experience working in a union environment Exemplary level ability to
- influence change and serve as primary change agent
- Demonstrated client service / account management orientation
- Strong program management skills with the ability to lead and manage multiple, concurrent running projects, prioritize tasks and adapt to frequent changes in departmental priorities. Ability to recognize necessary changes in priority of tasks and allocation of resources, and bring them to the attention of Optum360 leadership, as required. Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement techniques are essential to success, as is the ability to be a self - starter and work independently to move projects successfully forward
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals in executive, managerial and staff level positions. The incumbent frequently interacts with staff at the Corporate / National, Regional and Local organizations. May also interact with external parties, such as financial auditors, third party payer auditors, consultants, and various hospital associations
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment that encourages change engagement and participation, and open dialogue. Ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands - on” approach to creating value and buy - ins as the lead change facilitator
- Ability to attract, develop, deploy and retain a world - class revenue cycle team, capable of performing as a team and of evolving with the organization’s vision and with cutting - edge technologies
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Optum360 and our client organization(s)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RHIA, RHIT, Health Information Management, Merced, CA, California