Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Director of IT Architecture, you will be accountable for Enterprise Architecture across United Health Group. This includes providing architectural leadership for defining enterprise IT strategy, expanding enterprise capabilities, creating value-added insights into the state of our IT assets, and driving realization of technical strategy.
- Engage and collaborate with other architects across the portfolio to develop and realize major technology strategies
- Develop strong relationships across the enterprise with architecture stakeholders to strengthen the architect community.
- Share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear, concise language that is appropriate to the target audience
- Participate in communities of practice to share knowledge, learn, and innovate
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry, evaluating emerging software technologies, and positioning their use in the enterprise.
- Take an active role in mentoring, and team performance management process by completing goal setting, interim review, and year-end review on a timely basis and soliciting ongoing feedback
- Adapt and remain effective in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's of Science or Engineering from a recognized university or at least five years of professional Software Engineering experience)
- 10+ years of experience delivering enterprise software at scale
- 5+ years of experience defining and realizing technology strategy
- Familiarity with modern digital architecture (i.e. CAP, tiered platforms, streaming, APIs, caching, 12factor, telemetry, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern data science concepts (big data, AI, ML, IoT, deep learning)
- Deep understanding of data design, data movement, data modeling, and data tiering
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure models (virtualization, immutability, ephemeral infrastructure)
- Fluency with Agile, Backlogs, and Product Management and an ability to effectively navigate those mechanisms to drive outcomes
- Fluency with end-to-end business processes (which span Products)
- Experience with Business Capability Models
- Experience with large scale business-technology transformation
- Experience with large, distributed company structures
- Experience with healthcare or finance industries
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.