BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
DIRECTOR OF LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
The responsibility of the Director of Learning and Development is to lead the design, development and execution of leadership development and training programs at BJ’s Wholesale Club. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with HR and the divisions to develop an integrated training & development strategy that develops BJ’s leaders and team members in support of the current business strategy and long term vision of the organization
- Lead the design, development and deployment of leadership development and training programs and ensure that colleagues at all levels receive the development and education they need to drive the business and be successful in their current and future roles
- Partner with the VP, Talent Management and the CHRO to drive the company’s talent review process and succession planning; support the HR Business Partners with preparation and management of field based succession planning meetings, discussions and materials
- Systematically evaluate leadership development and training programs for continuous program improvement and achievement of performance outcomes, including reporting results to Senior Leadership
- Conducts talent assessment for Management population to identify high potentials and provide developmental opportunities for career growth
- Assess and refine BJ’s field and store management development programs to ensure effectiveness and integration with leadership development curriculum
- Partner with field management to ensure store-based training programs are aligned with the priorities of the business and are delivered effectively
- Lead a team of learning & development professionals and structure the department to ensure appropriate capacity to support business demands
- 8-10 years of experience in the learning, development and training field; strong preference for retail experience
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and 8-10 years of experience across the following Organizational Development / Talent Management / Training content areas:
- Leadership Assessments And Development
- Training & Development: Needs Assessment, Performance Consulting, Adult Learning Theory, Instructional Design, Training Delivery and Training Evaluation
- Talent Management & Succession Planning
- Organization Design, Organization Effectiveness And Change Management
- Employee Engagement And Culture Change
- Demonstrates excellent project management and consulting skills in the management of large scale training programs and projects
- Experience with executive coaching and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
- Undergraduate degree (preferred)
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.