Job ID 38205
Position Location US-LA-Franklinton
Facility Name Franklinton, Heritage Manor of
Job Category Maintenance
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Director of Environmental Services, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors, and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, to ensure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner. The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for the upkeep of the facility, including the building, building systems and grounds. This position plays a key role in the safety program of the facility. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
Duties and Responsibilities of Director of Maintenance
- Develop and ensure implementation of a preventative maintenance plan, which describes specific tasks, to be completed and the time frame for completion.
- Establish an equipment and utilities management program.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, and other regulatory agencies.
- Review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc., at least annually for revisions and make recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Will assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the Maintenance Department.
- Will assist to hire, train, and supervise a sufficient number of maintenance assistants to ensure assigned tasks are effectively addressed.
- Meet regularly with direct staff to provide supervision and ensure open communication.
- Conduct and document annual performance evaluations on direct report staff.
- Determine schedules for maintenance staff to ensure appropriate coverage and to expedite work.
- Schedule, conduct and document fire and disaster drills in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Schedule and monitor services performed by outside contractors/agencies to determine compliance with contracts/work orders.
- Participate in surveys/inspections by external agencies such as CARF, JACHO, Medicare, Fire Marshall, Insurance Risk Managers, etc.
- Participate in regular safety inspection tours of the facility and ensure documentation of findings.
- Conduct, and participate in regular safety inspection tours of the facility and ensure documentations of findings. Conduct regular scheduled meetings with the Safety Committee.
- Determine and ensure implementation of corrective action needed as a result of internal or external safety inspections.
- Maintain accurate records and logs on maintenance activities.
- Prepare and submit reports on maintenance functions, as requested.
- Provide input into the budget relative to maintenance needs to comply with budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure maintenance staff is provided with relevant in-service training sessions.
- Provide facility-wide training on safety issues, as requested.
- Attend and participate in facility meetings, especially those relating to Safety/Infection Control/Quality Improvement, as assigned.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on building grounds.
- Submit accident/incident reports to the business office within twenty-four (24) hours after their occurrence.
- Inspect storage rooms, workrooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Meet with maintenance personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, and solicit advice from inter-department supervisors concerning the operation of the maintenance department, assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- May attend department head meetings, etc., as scheduled or as may be called.
- Schedule department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel, work assignments, etc., to expedite work.
- Counsel/discipline maintenance personnel as requested or as necessary.
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department personnel.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Safety and Sanitation
- Supervise safety and fire protection and prevention programs by inspecting work areas and equipment at least weekly.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times.
- Ensure that all personnel wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects.
- Ensure that supplies, equipment, etc., are maintained to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- Assume the responsibility for obtaining/maintaining material safety data sheets (MSDSs) for hazardous chemicals in the maintenance department.
- Ensure that containers of hazardous chemicals in the department are properly labeled and stored.
- Ensure that all maintenance personnel are trained to use labels and MSDSs to recognize hazards and to follow appropriate protective measures.
- Develop, maintain, and implement infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is maintained at all times and that aseptic and all maintenance personnel follow isolation techniques.
- Ensure that all personnel performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or hazardous chemicals participate in appropriate in-service training programs prior to performing such tasks. Ensure that maintenance personnel follow established hand washing procedures.
- Assist in developing and implementing waste disposal policies and procedures for the maintenance department.
- Will be chair person of the safety committee
Requirements for Director of Maintenance :
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent
- A secondary degree from an accredited vocational or technical school preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity, in a maintenance/plant related position.
- Must be knowledgeable of boilers, compressors, generators, etc., as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be knowledgeable in building codes and safety regulations.
- Must possess the ability to identify and schedule assigned tasks.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients