Core Job Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day activities and personnel within your service areas including the kitchen and dining services.
- Interacts and engages with residents and visitors frequently ensuring high-quality of service and products are delivered.
- Manage and coordinate food and supply vendor relationships, processing paperwork timely and within budget.
- Lead and direct all dietary functions such as menu preparation as well as inventory, maintaining cost control within budget.
- Facilitate and ensure processes are followed with all resident diet orders and changes, keeping thorough and accurate records.
- Coordinate scheduling ensuring all shifts and areas are adequately covered.
- Coordinate overall adherence to sanitation regulations/practices of food services, maintaining established standards for kitchen and equipment cleanliness.
- Set up and maintain kitchen operations and menus, including preparing and delivering meals.
- Aide in the cross-training of dining services team.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and develop food service staff.
- Plans and assists in the preparation and service of holiday and special meals and events.
High School Diploma required
Dietary Manager Certificate Required
Bachelor's Degree with a major area of concentration of one of the following: dietitian, dietetics, nutrition, biology or directly related science from a accredited establishment preferred
Minimum three (3) years of experience in food and nutrition services with at least one (1) year of management experience
Serve-Safe Certified preferred
Proven ability to select food products specific to resident needs, design menu plans and coordinate a variety of food options
Excellence in communication skills to include written and verbal; thorough and detailed documentation experience
Strong computer skills
Certification from as Association of Food Service Professionals (ANFP) or similar accreditation required. Registered Dieticians