Director of Nursing DON
Primary Location: CA-CAArtesia-17724 Gridley Rd
CareMeridian is currently seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) in Artesia, (an 18 bed CLHF facility) to improve and sustain superior performance of the facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values. The Director of Nursing at our facilities is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Are you looking for a company that makes you feel good when you end your workday? Are you looking to work for a great company, which cares about the patients? And where you are appreciated for what you do? If so, then come join our team as a Director of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual’s unique needs at every stage of recovery.
Our Mission - We are a team of caring professionals dedicated to helping our patients reach their highest potential through the delivery of personalized, complex nursing and rehab services in a home-like environment.
Our Values - Compassion, Quality, Respect, Integrity, Knowledge, Teamwork, Commitment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the Nursing department.
- Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Available 24/7 by phone, unless another qualified Registered Nurse (RN) has been scheduled to be available (i.e., ADON)
- Complete pre-admission resident evaluations at their current place of care.
- Ensure that all Safety Policies and Procedures are followed at all times, including timely completion and submission of all incident and accident reports.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all CareMeridian and related MENTOR Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Case Management department to include:
- Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning
- Interdisciplinary team conferences
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, providing corrective action and terminating nursing staff.
- Maintain staffing levels within regulations and budgetary guidelines.
- Provide and manage Continuing Education Program.
- Ultimately responsible for assuring that all residents and staff records are kept organized, complete and confidential.
- Initiate and manage emergency procedures.
- Manage the Performance Improvement Program.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by the Administrator.
- Travel is required, 10-15%
- Supervise the development and organization of the Nursing department
- Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care.
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care.
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary.
- Experience working at Congregate Living Health (CLHF), Long Term Care (LTC) or Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) preferred.
- Current and active Registered Nursing (RN) license issued by this state.
- Preferably three (3) years experience working with medically complex individuals in a charge or nursing supervisor role.
- Preferably one (1) year experience in a leadership/management role.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of CA
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative, and other members of the community.