Director of Nursing DON
Primary Location: CA-CAFairfax-2390 Sir Frances Drake Boulevard
CareMeridian is currently seeking an Director of Nursing (DON) to improve and sustain superior performance of the facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual’s unique needs at every stage of recovery.
Description CareMeridian is currently seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) in Fairfax, CA to improve and sustain superior performance of the facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
This is an terrific opportunity for an RN with leadership experience that loves providing quality care in a small 10 bed facility in beautiful Fairfax!We provide care in a home like setting where patients feel at home. Great staff to patient ratios and a satisfying feeling when our patients have successful outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the Nursing department.
- Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Available 24/7 by phone, unless another qualified Registered Nurse (RN) has been scheduled to be available.
- Complete pre-admission resident evaluations at their current place of care.
- Ensure that all Safety Policies and Procedures are followed at all times, including timely completion and submission of all incident and accident reports.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all CareMeridian and related MENTOR Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Case Management department to include:
- Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning
- Interdisciplinary team conferences
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, providing corrective action and terminating nursing staff.
- Maintain staffing levels within regulations and budgetary guidelines.
- Provide and manage Continuing Education Program.
- Ultimately responsible for assuring that all residents and staff records are kept organized, complete and confidential.
- Initiate and manage emergency procedures.
- Manage the Performance Improvement Program.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by the Administrator.
- Travel is required.
- Supervise the development and organization of the Nursing department
- Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care.
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care.
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary
- Current and active Registered Nursing (RN) license issued by the State of California.
- Preferably three (3) years experience working with medically complex individuals/LTAC like setting
- Preferably three (3) years experience in a nursing leadership/management role.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative, and other members of the community.
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.
- Experience managing staff preferred