Director of Nursing DON
Primary Location: CA-CAFairfax-2390 Sir Frances Drake Boulevard
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the Nursing department.
- Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Available 24/7 by phone, unless another qualified Registered Nurse (RN) has been scheduled to be available.
- Complete pre-admission resident evaluations at their current place of care.
- Ensure that all Safety Policies and Procedures are followed at all times, including timely completion and submission of all incident and accident reports.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all CareMeridian and related MENTOR Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Case Management department to include:
- Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning
- Interdisciplinary team conferences
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, providing corrective action and terminating nursing staff.
- Maintain staffing levels within regulations and budgetary guidelines.
- Provide and manage Continuing Education Program.
- Ultimately responsible for assuring that all residents and staff records are kept organized, complete and confidential.
- Initiate and manage emergency procedures.
- Manage the Performance Improvement Program.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by the Administrator.
- Travel is required.
- Supervise the development and organization of the Nursing department
- Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care.
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care.
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary
- Current and active Registered Nursing (RN) license issued by the State of California.
- Preferably three (3) years experience working with medically complex individuals/LTAC like setting
- Preferably three (3) years experience in a nursing leadership/management role.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative, and other members of the community.
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.
- Experience managing staff preferred