Job ID 40155
Position Location US-FL-Hollywood
Facility Name Hillcrest Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
Job Category DCS/DON
Position Status FT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Hollywood, FL.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
As a Consulate Health Care Director of Nursing , you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors, and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our center and as may be directed by the Executive Director to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Director of Nursing you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the functions for the nursing department. You will assume the primary role in ensuring the delivery of high quality, efficient and safe patient care. Supervises Assistant Director of Nursing, Unit Managers, Clinical Nurses, and Nursing Assistants. In the absence of the Executive Director, you are charged with carrying out the resident care policies established by this center.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Set and monitor achievement of goals and objectives for the nursing department consistent with established philosophy and standards of practice and nursing ethics.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified nursing staff to deliver efficient resident care in accordance with the established staffing plan and state mandated staffing requirements.
- Evaluate and continually update competency/skills checklists for nursing staff including contracted staff.
- Prepare and assure adherence to an annual operating budget for the nursing department.
- Maintain and guide the implementation of current policies and procedures, which reflect adherence to corporate and external regulatory guidelines and principles of person centered care.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Assure compliance with resident rights policies and work to resolve resident grievances.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an RN Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have proven leadership ability with two (2) years of experience in nursing services administration preferred.
- Documented training and/or experience in a setting providing services to the same age/type of resident population served by this center.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate skills related to management, planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to center functions.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and regulation compliance requirements.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Facility and Benefit Information
Consulate Health Care rewards its professionals for their hard work and dedication to company success with a comprehensive benefit and incentives program including enhanced generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability and much more. We provide competitive pay, and a multitude of opportunities for career advancement, and personal growth. As a Consulate employee, you will provide service to our caregivers who fulfill our mission of “ Providing service with our Hearts and Hands ”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Consulate Health Care is excited to introduce our New Work Life Balance Program
Consulate Health Care recognizes the significant time demands on select positions and now offers a Work Life Balance Program (WLBP), a favorable benefit for both the employee and company allowing flexibility in time off. The Work Life Balance Program is not your typical accrual based program, but is considered “ Unlimited” time off for the purposes of vacation and absences related to illness/injury. Our WLBP is available to you effective immediately upon start! No waiting periods! You may take up to two (2) consecutive weeks at any time, with prior approval from your supervisor. In addition, employees covered under WLBP will automatically be paid for the six (6 ) company recognized holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
We recognize the importance of your position and as such, we’ve gone through great lengths to provide you with a superior work/life balance program, which is not easily matched—or even available—in the long term care sector.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients