Lead the best and brightest in technology to transform health care as we know it.
Want a meaningful and impactful challenge? At Optum, we're helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. It takes visionary technical leaders, like you, to achieve such historic change. Here, a technology leadership career will allow you the opportunity to inspire large teams comprised of highly talented, technical professionals to solve some of the toughest challenges we face and to transform the health care industry. You strive to lead and enable significant change in people's lives. This is your opportunity to do just that. As a Director, IT you will be helping people live healthier lives when you bring your expertise, passion, energy, focus and all-in approach to work every day. This is the place where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
In this dynamic technology leadership role, you will provide leadership, guidance and accountability and for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff. As a Director, IT you will manage leading edge technologies and elite teams to drive and manage high-quality execution and operational excellence, delivering technology solutions, meeting business needs, and maximizing customer experience, growth and retention. Your strategic vision, tactical excellence and consultative skills will enable others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines, and ultimately, the lives of millions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders on specific IT topics/issues - collaborate with internal leaders and external business partners to gain understanding of their business needs and adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Lead change and innovation - pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes - drive and mange high-quality execution across organizational lines
- Communicate with impact - influence and negotiate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders to achieve win-win solutions that advance organizational goals
- Provide leadership, guidance, team direction, problem resolution and accountability for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Leverage diversity and inclusion to bring in the right talent, drive employee engagement and foster teamwork and collaboration
- Manage and ensure compliance with IT structures/processes/technologies
- Grow and maintain knowledge of and leverage IT industry/marketplace technologies and trends
- Apply financial knowledge to influence forecasting and financial planning activities
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations to ensure optimal service delivery and cost controls (e.g., SLAs, vendor discounts) and monitor/manage vendor performance to ensure compliance with contract terms/conditions and deliverables
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior by complying with applicable laws, regulations and policies and requiring the same from others
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of professional IT Software Development experience
- 7+ years of professional IT management experience in a large, enterprise environment
- 3+ years of professional Director level experience in a large, enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience leading delivery teams and/or managing workloads for IT team members
- Prior experience leading distributed teams
- Graduate degree
- Health care industry experience
- Prior experience leading distributed teams
- Experience in pharmacy related technologies
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumInsight, Healthcare, Medicare Part D, Home Fusion, Pharmacy, Schaumburg, IL