Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Payer Relations, Home Infusion will lead strategy and work streams related to UnitedHealth Care national and regional efforts. This role manages ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for one or more accounts. It will also act as an outward-facing, dedicated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact and large or complex accounts.
The ideal candidate will reside in Minneapolis, MN but we are open to those who are not and will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for all aspects of the relationship between Briova Infusion and UnitedHealthCare (UHC) as well as between Briova Infusion and other Optum companies
- Manages relationships with network team and oversees participation in the UHC national infusion network
- Works with Pharmacy department to develop and implement programs aimed at driving revenue to Briova Infusion and driving affordability to UHC
- Works with Regional UHC plans to develop strategic relationships that will drive UHC revenue and affordability
- Works with other Optum companies to drive revenue to Briova Infusion, improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- Builds relationships with employer/group clients and serves as the primary point of contact for overall and day-to-day service delivery
- Represents client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects and address ongoing service needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of experience working in the health care industry
- 7+ years of experience in a client management and/or sales role
- Possesses analytical skills to review data and develop programs
- Possesses strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel 35%-70% of the time (travel will be on the higher end if not based in MN)
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years working in a UHC corporate role
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to conveying complex information in a manner that others can understand
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
- Consultative selling skills
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Payer, Networks, Infusion, Pharmacy, PBM, negotiating, UHC, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute