Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives
The Director of Physician Practices directs administrative and clinical services to multiple practice sites thru physician/administrator leadership. Focus is on the strategic development and implementation of programs and initiatives designed to support the achievement of organizational goals and mission. The Director of Physician Practices provides operational leadership in the planning, directing and administration of the Tower Health Medical Group. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, implementation of practice and service line processes, standard operating procedures, identification of process management improvements and related efficiencies, implementation of performance improvement plans as appropriate, human resources management, quality of patient care and financial oversight for all practices reporting to the Director of Physician Practices. Manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Maintains deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall department function.
4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field (Required)
Master’s Degree (Preferred)
No Certification and Licensure Requirements required or preferred
- 5 plus Years CPT knowledge and ICD-10 CM coding knowledge (Required)
- 5 plus Years Electronic Medical Record knowledge (Required)
- 5 years’ experience operations management, with at least three years’ experience in health care practice management and operations with accountability for results. (Required)
- 7 plus Years Current knowledge of Human Resources regulations (Required)
- 7 Years’ experience to prioritize and multi-task in a high sense urgency environment (Required)
- 7 Years’ experience managing physician practices (Preferred)
- Required Skills: Excellent Communication Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook, Ability to manage budgets, Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities required ability to work across a variety of projects and with diverse constituencies. Demonstrate flexibility and ability to work in a changing environment, Proven ability to develop and manage relationships with physicians, and non-physicians providers, internal health system departments and community members