As the Director of Program Administration & Analysis within our Strategic Planning and Analysis team, you will work closely with Business leaders and Corporate Services colleagues to understand objectives, improve effectiveness through project management and executive reporting, analyze and recommend business solutions using disciplined project management methodologies. The Director also owns communications strategy including large format department meetings and program administration for department including social responsibility, employee engagement and onboarding. The position is a utility player, full of variety and requires a broad range of management and analytical skills, stellar interpersonal skills along with a willingness to take on just about anything, with an excited and curious attitude.
The Strategic Planning and Analysis team comprises 32 employees supporting the finance, reporting, analytical, planning, communication and project needs of Corporate Services. Corporate Services is comprised of Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement, Enterprise Real Estate and Enterprise Resiliency & Response (approximately 350 employees).
- Project management of programs primarily impacting Corporate Services (Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement, Enterprise Real Estate and Enterprise Resiliency & Response) and related internal customers
- Embrace project management standard practices to drive large, complex projects by facilitating meetings, optimizing process, executive reporting / presentations and timely results
- Develop and maintain innovative Corporate Services communication strategy to support business priorities, corporate initiatives and employee engagement
- Create and maintain state-of-the-art communications tools including team meetings
- Drive infusion of UnitedHealth Group culture through communications, meetings and other activities, including action planning
- Drive strategic planning processes to analyze, streamline and improve a wide variety of business operations and deliver key initiatives
- Provide direction to a Project Manager who will analyze, review, and enhance current state processes and tools, map current and future state business workflows and drive toward project objectives
- Provide direction to a Communications Manager who will write, edit and proofread materials; design, publish, Govern and distribute communications to targeted audiences and internal stakeholders using multiple media formats and techniques including Corporate Services Hub Connect sites. Work closely with UHG Corporate Communications to align with company direction
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of project management or related administrative support with demonstrated history of managing significant and complex projects to successful conclusion
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis or operations with hands-on experience; ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information, draw conclusions and write and present executive level business presentations for large / complex programs or strategic initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in strategic communications with excellent writing and editorial skills
- 5+ years of experience directly managing staff
- Business acumen in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting and solid understanding of operations
- Live within a commutable distance to corporate office in Minnetonka, MN
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Health insurance or financial services industry experience
- Six Sigma or Kaizen / Lean certification
- Experience using Microsoft Project and Visio, Access or similar database
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director of Program Administration & Analysis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota