PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for growing Inspire Brands (currently including Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings and RTaco) portfolio restaurants through new restaurant development for both company and franchise operations. Work in coordination with Director of Corporate Real Estate for company growth as well as the Franchising team to assist and support company and franchisee growth. Franchisee growth will be primarily through existing expanding franchisees and newly identified franchisees opening restaurant under development agreements. Create, manage and execute the strategic development (planning and execution) of assigned territories (DMA's) to maximize development potential and meet goals for both company and franchise new locations. Lead and manage the restaurant development process from real estate site assessment and selection through to opening restaurant readiness.
1. Accountable for achievement of each brand's growth goals and objectives including new restaurant openings and relocations within assigned geographical territory (DMA's) with the primary focus on prioritized markets.
2. In collaboration with Development Analytics: a) develop and execute DMA strategic growth plans: b) utilize real estate department developed data and tools via use of Birchwood and/or other analytical models (maps and demographic information) c) confirmation of market plans through field verification d) execution of plan including site selection within targeted trade areas to achieve each brand's development objectives for the assigned territory.
3. Locate, negotiate, present and lead to approval and lease negotiations, coordinate with Construction and Lease Administration to deliver new corporate restaurants in accordance with overall and DMA level goals. Work with Franchisees to assist in processing site approvals for franchisee identified sites and locate and recommend high potential real estate sites for franchisees. Lead through approval process to deliver new franchise operated restaurants in accordance with overall and DMA level goals by serving as a key point of contact for new and existing franchisees who are interested in building restaurants.
4. Evaluate acceptability of real estate sites identified through the defined real estate process both for corporate locations and franchisee, to include onsite visits; assessment of all aspects of real estate and proposed deal to assure its potential to meet defined financial performance metrics; analysis of building and site requirements for purposes of assisting on budget preparations.
5. Create and manage network of best in class brokers to ensure deal flow of both corporate and franchise deals to meet growth objectives in total and at DMA level.
(Other important duties/responsibilities)
6. Coordinate with other business units as they recruit new franchisees to join the Inspire Brands operations as licensed, franchise entities. Support new/potential franchisees as they explore the potential to develop Inspire brand operations.
7. Coordinate with other business units to ensure all required development activities and projects are effectively completed. Proactively communicate issues and concerns that may have impact on the project to the appropriate leader/manager.
Required Minimum: BS Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or similar fields
Required Minimum: 5+ years' experience in retail/restaurant real estate with an emphasis on site selection, market analysis & project management; proven track record in total project management from deal inception to handoff to design & construction teams. Preferred: o 10+ years' experience in retail/restaurant real estate with an emphasis on site selection, market analysis & project management; proven track record in total project management from deal inception to handoff to design & construction teams.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
Expert knowledge of major markets in assigned territory. Located within or reasonable proximity to geographic assigned territory. Detailed understanding of the financial components of how a franchised and corporate restaurant operates and utilization of financial modeling and financial performance metrics. Ability to understand plans, specs and implications of same to assure on time and on budget development
Detailed knowledge of FDDs: details, brand requirements, legal aspects, industry standards. Ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of constituents that are material to the franchise and corporate development process. Skill in negotiating terms of LOI's, lease contracts and interacting and responding to regulatory agencies. Excellent oral and written skills to include formal presentation experience and the ability to prepare and present sales presentations and/or negotiate franchise agreements. Expert knowledge of the development process from site assessment to opening including evaluation tools. Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and usher through necessary approval processes
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
Same as above.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Franchisees best suited for development territories, sites to present CapCom