BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
DIRECTOR OF REGIONAL OPERATIONS
Responsible for providing both strategic direction and day-to-day management of field operations for the clubs within the assigned region(s). Works cross-functionally and collaborates closely with Home Office and field leaders to ensure achievement of targeted business objectives. Provides leadership and direction for team in multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s).
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Flawlessly execute operations standards, strategic priorities and achievement of financial goals of clubs/region.
- Communicate vision for data-driven accountability.
- Train and develop club management teams at all levels.
- Drive talent assessment and succession planning for club teams within the region.
- Monitor performance of all company initiatives and programs, and if necessary, course correct to achieve desired results.
- Ensure alignment with chainwide processes and strategy
- Build relationships/partnerships with all divisions of the organization to collaborate and improve on operations.
- Partner to prioritize, input on redesigning and/or removing in club processes as needed.
- Drive profitability in all areas, with an increased focus on perishables, through accountability and adherence to process.
- Drive all member fee income efforts to ensure continued member acquisition and retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years of management experience in a retail environment with 3+ years in a general/lead manager role.
- Strong business acumen skills required.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill required.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills with proven ability to organize & analyze data required.
- Ability to build and maintain trust-based, collaborative relationships and influence others required.
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities and projects across teams required.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises.
- 100% travel required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.