Our staff represents The Advisory Board Company, now part of Optum, in executive boardrooms at hospitals and health systems. We hire persuasive leaders with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts—someone who's comfortable listening to CEOs and then mapping their problems to our solutions. Within Research, members come to rely on our top managers to navigate programs and content, offer recommendations and act as a trusted advisor in maximizing the Research portfolio.
An integral piece of the Advisory Board’s growth strategy is to continue to build larger, deeper, and more impactful relationships with our provider members. Research Client Management is a dedicated group focused on serving and renewing the portfolios of our Research members. These teams share four distinct accountabilities: account planning, relationship cultivation, renewal performance, and coordinating with product and delivery colleagues to ensure that we are best serving and impacting our members.
If you are located in the Central to Eastern Regions, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
The Research Director is responsible for the management and renewal of the firm’s Research relationships. The Director manages towards an aggressive renewal target that is achieved through relationship building, proactive service and value delivery, seamless internal coordination and commercial expertise. The Research Director plays a critical role in crafting strategy on how to best serve this constituency and support our relationships with the larger hospital executive team.
- Aligning services to the complex member needs of the Advisory Board’s accounts
- Meeting semi-annual renewal goals for the Advisory Board’s accounts’ Research Memberships and semi-annual new revenue goals across all Advisory Board products for accounts
- Developing strategic relationships with key decision makers and representing the Advisory Board in person at member institutions
- Managing a team of staff (3-4 Advisors) and the success of that staff
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of deliverables across ABC products and services
- Developing and executing targeted campaigns around specific deliverables and/or upcoming annual meetings
- Serving as a thought leader on strategies to serve the Advisory Board’s Accounts and representing member interests at cross-departmental program roundtables
- Monitoring and communicating member interests and "hot topics" to the health care research teams on a regular and ongoing basis, as well as developing effective strategies for “merchandising" ABC services and deliverables to member institutions
- Identifying new business opportunities and participating in warm lead strategy as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years’ experience in at least three of the following:
- Commercial experience
- Presentation experience
- Direct supervision experience
- Client Management experience
- Proven team collaboration experience
- Proven staff management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with senior executives
- Experience managing a team towards a goal
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care subject matter
- Proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrated listening skills
- Experience managing multiple clients
- Proven ability to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
- Ability to successfully overcome challenges or obstacles
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
About The Advisory Board Company: The Advisory Board Company is a division of Optum that focuses on global research, consulting, and technology to help hospitals and university executives to better serve patients and students. We provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. We combine the analytical, managerial, and technological expertise of our 2,000+ employees around the world with insights from the on-the-ground experience of our network of 150,000 leaders at 3,700 health care and higher education member organizations to find solutions to our partners’ most pressing challenges. We deeply appreciate the trust that our members place in us, and we seek to serve them with generosity in all that we do.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: client management, research, Washington, DC, District of Columbia, Telecommute