Set strategic risk objectives for South Rim, ensuring effective risk management for the organization, supervising and directing top management, including identifying, measuring and managing insurable, hazard and operational risks. This position manages a team of up to four professionals, some of whom have additional direct reports.
- Develop a cost-effective Risk Management Program that promotes company-wide teamwork and demonstrates the commitment necessary to meet the standards set forth by law, the Corporate Safety and Risk Policies and general Risk Management best practices.
- Manage all safety and loss control functions of the organization. Ensure improvement of existing safety program and continue building an organizational safety culture which proactively reduces accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards through effective safety-training, planned inspections, corrective action verification, skill training, first-aid care, emergency preparedness, and proper job instruction.
- Select, develop, motivate, and assess a team of the following resources: Fire and Security Department; Lost & Found; Safety Trainer/Programs Manager; and Claims Coordinator.
- Direct a program to ensure the proper and efficient handling of claims, gathering data on claims for both record keeping and loss forecasting purposes, and estimating the financial value of claims.
- Facilitate the identification of risks throughout the property by developing, reporting and monitoring formats on risk management issues and developing methodologies for the assessment of risks.
- Review project contracts and designs as well as contractor safety plans to ensure minimum risk management guidelines are met
- Act as a liaison or property representative with the Corporate Director of Risk Management, insurance companies, National Park Service employees, guests and/or attorneys dealing with liability or legal matters.
- Design and implement emergency planning and business continuity development.
- Consult with the Corporate Director of Risk Management and General Counsel for guidance with risk mitigation documents such as: acknowledgment of risk forms, waivers, release of liability forms, contracts, advertisements, etc.
- Consult with the Corporate Director of Risk Management on matters of values collection for vehicles and buildings for insurance purposes.
- Conduct Risk Management evaluations/inspections of government owned facilities assigned to Xanterra Parks & Resorts, using the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and National Park Service guidelines and regulations. Also develop and assist with departmental safety self-evaluation/inspection requirements.
- Apply OSHA regulations and NFPA code to risk-related policies, inspections, workplace conditions, project reviews, etc.
- Prepare and administer financial plan for the Risk Management Department.
- Manage, develop and maintain the Xanterra South Rim fire alarms, emergency alarms, fire suppression systems, intrusion detection alarms, surveillance systems and communications.
- Manage and supervise installation and design of camera system design and functionality.
- Review fire system plans from designated contractors for acceptance, coordinate plan review with local Fire Chief, NPS Inter-mountain Regional Office AHJ, and Property Insurer’s plan review office for approval. Coordinate any requested modifications to plans between all parties.
- Supervise installation of fire detection/suppression systems by contractors to confirm adherence with plans and participate in final inspection with the NPS AHJ as directed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or related safety/IH field or a minimum of five years of equivalent experience.
- Practical knowledge of NFPA Life Safety and OSHA codes and regulations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to complete assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop practical solutions to problems using available resources.
- Must have employee and project management experience.
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills including report writing and public speaking.
- Possess or able to obtain valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with Xanterra South Rim Vehicle Policy.
- General knowledge of the casualty claims processes.
- General knowledge of litigation processes.
- Experience with Behavior Based Safety process.
- Proven analytical skills in assessing cost effectiveness, cost savings, program effectiveness, and program compliance.
- Supervise the staff assigned to the Risk Management Department.
- Mitigate life-threatening situations when discovered.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.