Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director role is a sales and client development role accountable for driving the company's growth agenda with strategic and key clients. This role will be accountable for client growth targets by leveraging solution and consulting offerings from across Optum.. This individual will leverage these relationships and influence to evangelize the value of Optum.
The predominant measure of success is net client growth and client satisfaction/retention. The chosen candidate will be expected to meet or exceed client expectations.
If you are located in the Northeast Region, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Drive growth with assigned strategic and key clients. Responsible for client relationship management and sales, partnering with consulting and the business units to drive new growth and successful delivery execution
- Develop deep relationships with the client executives (C-Suite and decision makers), providing strategic, thought-leadership on the client's industry and market
- Understand the client’s unique business environment and challenges
- Utilize consulting selling and collaboration skills to architect Optum wide solutions
- Ensure Optum understands the client's strategic objectives and the initiatives that support the business strategy
- Partner with client delivery teams to ensure client expectations of service and execution are clearly understood, communicated and met
- Provide input to relevant Optum colleagues on market trends as represented by our clients
- Direct strategic, client specific initiatives which deliver “values add” services through the execution of client business plans
- This role is a key contributor to the annual client planning process and works with the team to execute, update and refresh the plan throughout the year
- Develop and monitor client financial performance and profitability
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of strategic business development or client management experience in Healthcare
- 5+ years of experience in driving deep, productive relationships with senior - level client executives in the Healthcare segment
- Proven ability to analyze complex market opportunities and develop creative solutions to a wide variety of unique market problems
- Advanced consultative selling skills with the ability to successfully construct solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, collaboration and listening skills
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment
- Ability to successfully negotiate complex internal operating environments with a high level of collaboration
- Located in Boston, MA
- Life science sales experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Life Science Sales, Data Sales, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, telecommute, remote, work from home, Northeast region