Job ID 34600
Position Location US-FL-Winter Garden
Facility Name Colonial Lakes Health Care
Job Category Social Services
Position Status FT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing health care providers at our dynamic facility located in Winter Garden, FL.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference. A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Position
As Director of Social Services (Resident & Family Services), you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing services to respond to the emotional needs of the residents and their families.You will also assist with resident admissions and the referral process. No direct supervisory function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Executive Director.
- Implement policies and procedures for the identification of medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning; development and implementation of social care plans; and resident assessments.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident through the development of social service programs.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Executive Director.
- Maintain a reference library of written material, laws, standards of practice, etc., necessary for complying with current standards and regulations, and that will provide assistance in maintaining quality social service.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs.
- Maintain communications with caseworkers.
- Provide social work consultation to residents, families, and staff, as required.
- Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
- Participate in the quality improvement process of the facility.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Director of Resident Services and Family Services II- Preceptor.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors Degree and either a LSW or MSW from an approved school of Social Work.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assess resident needs, develop, and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process.
- Must possess knowledge of accreditation standard and compliance requirements.
- Must be a member in good standing in the National Association of Social Workers.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients