BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
DIRECTOR OF TAX ACCOUNTING
Responsible for the Company’s income tax accounting, including the quarterly effective tax rate, provision to return process, year-end tax provision, and related SEC and press release disclosures. Maintain SOX 404 Internal Control documentation for the tax department. Liaise with senior management to understand the business in order to identify and record the proper tax impacts.
- Primarily responsible for all ASC740 tax provision work at yearend and each quarter
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all SEC disclosures
- Forecast the estimated annual effective tax rate
- Monitor all technical developments in federal and state tax law which impacts BJ’s
- Prepare all documentation required to substantiate all tax positions taken
- Work closely with PWC on tax provision matters and projects
- Work closely with team responsible for all income tax payments and returns
- CPA and/or MST required
- 7-10 years relevant ASC740 experience, combination of public / corporate preferred
- Excellent writing, research and accounting skills, Strong team player and good communicator.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.