PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director of Web and eCommerce will oversee the technology vision, roadmap, development, integration and implementation of all web applications across Inspire Brands' guest experience portfolio. Position will work in collaboration with cross functional business and technology teams planning and delivering solutions, and serve as an internal champion for guest platforms. Manage and organize a technical staff, focusing on accomplishing goals and objectives that grow the ecommerce and digital business.
- Oversee the execution (scope, requirements definition and delivery) of top strategic digital experience initiatives in the ecommerce industry
- Identify omnichannel opportunities for existing and new experiences by partnering with marketing leaders and other digital experience peers / leaders
- Lead the execution of technology strategy, implementing key features and functionality
- Work directly with business leadership to understand desired capabilities and structuring teams to meet those needs.
- Translate short and long term business strategies into solutions and priorities that align with the enterprise vision, mission and values
- Provide critical linkage between restaurant teams, Operations, Marketing, and Insights teams to identify and prioritize the product features aimed to deliver the biggest ROI
- Product high-quality and scalable solutions to meet business objectives and deliver value
- Provide oversight of online platforms to ensure that they are available and meet SLAs as expected (in partnership with Operations)
- Conduct market research, competitor analysis and stay ahead of emerging trends
- Direct, monitor, and mentor on methodology, tools, templates, standards, policies and procedures
- Manage capital and expense budgets at project, program, and team level
- Develop and coach team members; hire, terminate, retain, grow, support, assess
- Provide training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and give honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent
- Responsible for reporting out performance against goals, risks, and driving contingency planning
- Provide subject matter expertise to others outside of own work group (e.g., internal customers, agencies, vendors).
- Partner with cross functional and supporting teams (e.g., internal customers, agencies, vendors) to define needs and implement solutions.
- Build use cases leveraging internal data, research and advanced modeling skills that are both quantitative and qualitative
- Create and maintain a guest focused, modern user experience that meets the objectives of our omni-channel strategy by enabling one view of data across channels and user journeys
- Optimize the performance and availability of online platforms
- Demonstrated expertise developing and managing consumer/guest facing solutions that are scalable and highly performant
- Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal and presentations
- Ability to perform a variety of responsibilities at the strategic and operational level
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills, and fact-based analytic skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload of projects with many priorities. Prioritization skills key as nature of opportunity, urgency of need and size of the work rapidly change.
- Strong planning, prioritization and project management competencies
- Strong innovation/ entrepreneurial skill set
- Demonstrated success in management of projects through external agency / managed service vendor
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a data driven environment; the ideal candidate will be as comfortable engaging with customers as they will be solving and sizing problems with analysts / vendors
- Experience working in a large-scale, global organization with a reputable digital presence
- Proven expertise in contract negotiation, formalization and ongoing vendor management
- Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal and presentations in formal and informal settings and at varying levels of leadership
- Ability to attract, energize and develop team members through incentives and timely feedback
Freedom to Act
- High-energy, high-impact role for someone who has a passion for tackling complex problems and delivering significant business results in the digital space
- Ability to define product and technology roadmaps and strategies
- Exercise significant latitude in interaction with vendors; driving pricing negotiations and maintenance contracts
Size and Complexity:
- Manage the eCommerce P&L, creating the infrastructure to lead and manage the digital organization's investments and value delivered
- Develops tracks & analyzes appropriate metrics to measure ROI for on-going businesses and/or platforms.
- Pro-actively identify business solutions against aligned product consumer needs, gaps and customer opportunities
- Key contributor in key performance indicator alignment and new feature launch readiness
- Responsible for managing costs within defined budget; projecting future budget needs to remain competitive
- Support senior management with the financial analysis of new and emerging features / initiatives and determine financial viability -ROI
- Develop, track & analyze appropriate metrics to measure ROI for on-going businesses and/or new platforms.
- Provide feedback and input in the marketing plans for the new items related to: consumer target, pricing, integrated communication plans, consumer promotion and leveraging online channels based on data analysis
- Strong vendor partnership, relations and management -- especially with software development companies and marketing agencies
- MBA or a Master's degree with 10 years of applicable professional work experience in a commensurate role OR 4-year Business, Information Management, Computer Science or related Degree with 12 years applicable professional work experience in a commensurate role.
- 10+ years of demonstrated proficiency web, mobile, and/or ecommerce platforms and technologies
- 8+ years of experience working in a large-scale, global company known for its digital presence, preferably a Fortune 500 company
- Leader of leaders; Experience leading leaders, who in turn lead their teams
- Knowledge and experience collaborating with cross functional stakeholders to transfer strategy to practical application
- Database: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Casandra, or comparable
- Application: Apache HTTP, Spring MVC, Struts, JSP, or comparable
- Content Management: Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore CMS, or comparable