Department:OH1HS_60508_000 Systemwide Transfer Center
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
Job Description Details:
The Director, Patient Logistics and Transfer Center will be overseeing up to 20 employees in the departments of Patient Placement / Logistics and the Transfer Center.
- Develop and update Transfer Center marketing plan ensuring that all available network resources are used to maximum potential
- Monitor and incorporate planning, technological and service trends, including competition strategies
- Integrate efforts of hospital management, information services and various other departments to enhance services offered in Patient Placement/Logistics
- Develop medical staff relationships to allow open communication, problem-solving, development of new services and identification of market needs
- Maintain open communication with medical staff to identify, monitor and solve issues and problems
- Communicate regularly with all referral physicians and Emergency Department Nurse Managers to determine their satisfaction with services and need for additional services
- Ensure that necessary upgrades/maintenance occurs with Tele-Tracking system
- Oversees Transfer Center Operations ensuring timely and safe patient transfer from referring institutions
- Collaborate with Marketing Department and Physician specialty groups to increase number of patient referrals
- Work with specialty group physicians on transfer protocol refinement/development
- Ensure timely bed assignment and registration of inpatients from all admission sources
- Continue refinement of patient placement protocols through collaboration with physician groups, clinical services and ancillary departments as appropriate
- Master's in Nursing, Allied Health, or Healthcare Administration required.
- Current license as Registered Nurse in the State of OH required.
- Five years relevant and progressively challenging work experience required. Experience starting up a new department preferred
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
#MCHS #ind123 *HEC*
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.