Bed Bath & Beyond is currently searching for a Director, Performance Engineering to join the eCommerce Site Optimization & Instrumentation (SOI) team. The SOI team leads the effort to enhance upon the foundational technical platform in place and assists in creating new technical solutions. In this position you will play an active role in improving and expanding our newly launched digital platform. The new platform is hybrid on-premises/cloud architecture using numerous open-source components.
The position requires a comprehensive full stack understanding of performance engineering principles in addition of working knowledge of various tools and frameworks required. This is a hands-on role in which deep technical understanding of how web browsers work with single page applications in order to identify performance improvements across the entire technology stack.
- Technical product owner providing input to architectural and roadmap decisions to improve web performance across the digital commerce platform
- Assists in providing performance objectives of both front and back end components of the digital platform and ensure effective instrumentation of such elements
- Ongoing research and recommendations on new internet technologies and frameworks with an emphasis on improving the web performance of the digital customer experience
- Participate in overall release management process in identifying and resolving performance issues in addition of identifying instrumentation opportunities
- Creates and maintains on an ongoing basis technical guidelines and standards pertaining to web performance for the digital commerce team
- Proficiency with ecommerce technology stacks (ATG/WCS/Hybris) and performance related activities
- Experience with web performance monitoring tools (NewRelic, AppDynamics, SOASTA mPulse, Quantum Metrics, Tealeaf, WebPageTest)
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall SDLC methodologies and CI/CD testing strategies
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.