As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Pharmacy Operations will be responsible for managing a staff of approximately 100 FTEs in a high volume production environment. This Director will have oversight of this staff and activities and be responsible for strategic planning, development and implementation of operating plans on large scale business initiatives.
- Manage day to day operational activities of mail services to effectively achieve service and profit expectations
- Work collaboratively with VP Mail Services to successfully and seamlessly deliver to customers exceptional pharmacy services
- Ensure compliance to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all standards of professional practice
- Function as a resource and mentor to other members of the management team, with responsibility to develop the direct staff
- Responsible for implementing quality and cost improvement programs through lean Six Sigma, Kaizen and constraints management principles and drive successful business excellence programs for mail services
- Other assigned projects and activities as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
- Pharmacist license in Florida
- Indiana, Kansas, Oregon and Nevada Pharmacist license or the ability to obtain
- 3+ years of experience directly managing operations staff
8+ years working in the healthcare benefits or services industry, including experience with health plan operational processes
5+ years of transformational change and program management experience in healthcare
5+ years leading quality improvement programs with demonstrated value required; six sigma master black belt certification preferred if applied in a team rather than individual contributor role
1+ years of experience with a formal business process management (BPM) framework
Demonstrated ability to quantify, articulate, and be accountable for driving tangible value delivery with proven results
High energy, self - managed, self - starter; thrives in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment
Excellent interpersonal skills with experience working with and influencing executive level leaders
Ability to convey a passion for our mission to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone
Track record of sound business judgment and change management
Analytical experience and skills
Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
Either have the following Pharmacist licenses or be able to obtain: Indiana, Kansas, Oregon & Nevada
- Master’s degree
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacist, PharmD, Pharmacy, Manager, Director, PIC, Pharmacist in Charge, Green Belt, Black Belt, Jacksonville, Jax, FL, Florida, Mail Order, Home Delivery, PBM, Pharmacy Benefit Manager, Optum, OptumRx, Quality, Process Improvement