About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America's Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children's Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.Position SummaryThis position will envision, create and lead the implementation of the information technology roadmap for Pharmacy in order to support the executive of the Pharmacy long term strategy.Job Responsibilities
- Provide the vision and strategy for systems solutions that enable Pharmacy to meet or exceed goals. Build and maintain alignment amongst diverse teams in order to ensure Pharmacy's strategic and tactical objectives are successful. Create the Pharmacy Systems and Strategic Solutions short and long term roadmap to attain and ensure the stability, sustainability, growth, and business development prospects for Pharmacy.
- Play an integral role in providing financial analysis support that enables leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create maximum shareholder value. Provide analytical support in development of sound business cases including detailed benefits analysis. Work comfortably with all levels of the organization leadership. Faciliate and/or deliver regular updates to executive leadership regarding all aspects of the Pharmacy Systems and Strategic Solutions roadmap and project initiatives.
- Communicate and build consensus amongst the IS leadership and execution teams to ensure the business needs of Pharmacy are understood. Ensure the delivery of quality business analytical support to Pharmacy, and provide direction and guidance to the business analytics team. Collaborate with all stakeholders to determine the proper level of support and necessary business knowledge for technology initiatives and mobilize BA, SME, and PM resources appropriately. Accountable for the portfolio of current and future IS work, directing priority and timing of projects that adequately support Pharmacy, maximizing IS organizational capacity and efficiency.
- Serve as the Business liaison between Information Services and Pharmacy Merchandising and Operations. Possess, maintain, expand, and use Pharmacy business acumen and IS technical acumen to encourage solutions that benefit Pharmacy, IS, and the Company at the enterprise level.
- Build strong vendor relationships and partnerships within the Pharmacy and Technology
industries employing skillful negotiation tactics, leveraging the external expertise, and
representing the needs of Pharmacy in order to maximize benefit and minimize costs/risks to the Company. Accountable for the vendor relationship associated with the pharmacy management systems, pharmacy POS switch, pharmacy ePrescribing switch, pharmacy IVR, and all associated technical services/solutions specific to
- Provide general management oversight for all functions of the Pharmacy Systems and Strategic Solutions teams
- Calculate, mitigate, avoid, and embrace risk. Identify evident and non-evident risk. Prioritize and initiate solutions and countermeasures swiftly and responsibly.
Evaluate risk profiles and determine appropriateness and depth of organizational escalation,
and effectively translate and communicate risk profiles.
- Facilitate IS engagement with the Pharmacy Compliance Committee and the Pharmacy Quality Committee, and counsel/consult with the appropriate parties related to corporate compliance, legal and regulatory affairs, and risk management executive and leadership teams.
- Leverage and promote GEBS principals in the observation of business area processes to better understand and identify specific issues/needs and evaluate and promote recommendations that best meet those opportunities.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for multiple departments or divisions. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$5mm +
- Responsible for direct and indirect supervision of team members in one or more departments.
- Bachelors Degree Pharmacy/related field
- Over 10 years
- 7+ years following a structured approach and experience with industry best practices for business and data analysis, process design, QA and documentation
- Demonstrate a history of hands-on involvement in and management of project work; Ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks, and work well under pressure
- Seven + years work experience with five or more years in Financial/Statistical modeling, MIS, or similar analytical experience
- Understanding of all phases of system development life cycle; Understanding of all aspects of Retail, Specialty, and Mail Order Pharmacy
- 5-10 years in retail pharmacy, in progressing roles
- Minimum of five years of involvement in the full project lifecycle from initial requirements gathering through UAT support to post-implementation support
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Normal office environment
- Fax Machine