Department:OH1HS_69003_000 Financial Physician Services
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
Job Description Details:
The Director, Physician/Medical Group Financial Operations oversees and ensures the enhancement and development of accurate financial data and information in order to improve the organization's financial performance. This position advises organizational leaders through interpretation of complex financial information to assist in the decision-making process with a focus on bottom-line performance improvement through active participation as a member of the Hospital/Systems Leadership Team. This position provides guidance, mentoring and management support to department managers/associates and requires strong analytical and conceptual skills, as well as possess a thorough understanding of external, regulatory, payor and other forces impacting health care financial operations.
- Oversees the development and interpretation of complex financial information in a manner that is informative to organizational leaders for decision making processes.
- Connects daily departmental processes with larger organizational objectives. Maintains in-depth understanding of Mount Carmel Health System operations processes and correlates these activities to financial results.
- Oversees the identification and implementation of financial and/or operational improvement processes that bring about a positive bottom-line impact.
- Maintains in-depth understanding of the organization's financial systems and utilizes these systems to develop reports/information for financial related decision making.
- Identifies areas in need to improve data/information accuracy and oversees the implementation of processes to maintain and improve data accuracy and quality within the applications utilized by the Finance team for operations related to the department.
- Establishes department and/or team goals and monitors development and implementation of strategies designed to meet objective.
- Oversees the development and implementation of methods for streamlining operational processes in order to maximize department resources efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Master's Degree in Business Administration and/or Health Administration required or currently attending
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Seven or more years of experience in healthcare with demonstrable organizational experience in the hospital finance setting related to analysis, accounting, and operations.
- Supervisory experience required with a minimum of five years of progressively challenging management experience in effectively exercising supervisory responsibilities in a complex healthcare organization; Strong preference for candidates with proven physician group operations/management experience.
- Strong executive presence with excellent presentation skills and persuasive communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of external, regulatory, payor and other forces impacting healthcare financial operations and thorough understanding of healthcare finance applications.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.