UnitedHealth Group Ventures is building a nationwide behavioral health provider business that leverages telehealth and digital engagement tools in new ways, with a strong focus on primary care integration.
As the Director of Program Management at UHG Ventures, you will be tasked with coordinating the launch of a new business from the ground up. You will drive the planning and execution as this new product move through design to build, launch and accelerated expansion. This hands-on role will determine time frames, funding needs, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, allotment of resources to various phases of projects and lead others in the organization. Developing business plans and cost benefit analysis is required with this position. You'll investigate non-standard requests and problems, make presentations, ensure project documentation is accurate and ensure projects are completed on time and within scope.
The Director of Program Management will also be responsible for analyzing, reviewing, and presenting data and other information for operational and business planning. You’ll support short and long term operational and strategic business activities by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing effective strategic business solutions through research and analysis of large sets of data and business processes.
- Defines project scope and facilitates meetings with stakeholders
- Serves as a key resource on critical issues and escalates as appropriate
- Identifies and solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Forecasts and plans resource requirements
- Authorizes deviations from standards
- Leads functional or segment teams or projects
- Makes presentations and reports for executive management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results
Assesses and interprets customer (internal or external) needs and requirements
Conducts complex data analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
Successful candidates will demonstrate the skills to thrive in a new venture that demands agility, and the ability to execute and think strategically in a variety of areas. Candidates should bring a proven ability to manage relationships and influence others without formal authority, excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, and a strong personality with a keen sense of ownership and accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of progressive experience in planning and leading a broad range of projects and initiatives
- Experience prioritizing and balancing multiple priorities and projects
- Efficiency in MS Office: Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Healthcare experience
- Experience launching new products / businesses
- Experience in a start-up / entrepreneurial environment
Behavioral health industry or digital health experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Program, Project, Healthcare, Behavioral Health, Digital, PM, Leader, Director, Start-Up, Entrepreneur, Launch, New Business, Ventures, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota