No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Provider Network Strategy & Performance Management is responsible for the successful program design, network assessment. This includes end to end network management solutions from provider network development to provider and network performance management, compensation model development and provider operations The right candidate will have experience with managing network or managing network improvement initiatives for a health plan to build and improve the quality and affordability of provider networks.
The Director will develop and implement provider network strategies to include: network development and expansion roadmaps, network design, network performance optimization, provider initiatives, and provider data operational efficiencies. In this role you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate expertise in network performance management/cost of care provider initiatives
- Lead Strategic Network Performance design engagements: conduct provider network, market and competitive assessments, identify gaps and opportunities, and design strategic roadmaps for network performance
- Lead the development of new concepts and strategies to meet provider and health plan emerging customer requirements
- Identify and solve problems that impact the management and direction of the business.
- Develop plans that impact the long-term success of the business
- Influence senior management decisions that impact business direction
- Has segment-wide and/or enterprise-wide impact
- Direct cross-functional and/or industry-wide teams
Optum is a leader in supporting innovative network design strategies and provider contracting arrangements. We help payers and providers build strategies to support all different types of payment model development, which includes risk based contracting, bundle payments and accountable care based initiatives.
This Director is responsible for the design, development, delivery and business development of consulting services in support of network strategies and advanced payment models.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create supporting collateral and support sales effort with clinical staff.
- Provide leadership relative to solution ideation, creation, development, and implementation.
- Provide project management support for large initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate analytic activities (analyses and report creation).
- Coordinate data integration activities.
- Provide general healthcare consulting services.
- Achieving specific revenue and IOI targets while collaborating with other consulting activities within the NPH pillar relating to payment innovation
- Lead client teams to deliver a variety of services relating to payment innovation.
- Ensure quality and performance are established and measured with improvement goals developed.
- Business and Practice Development (~25% Time Allocation):
- Define the business development strategy for a subset of the practice, as required
- Own and manage sales accounts, leads, pursuits, and proposals
- Identify and own the development of new Network Management & Payment Innovation consulting solutions that will be brought to market, leveraging research and internal resources
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Identify opportunities for sales and business development collaboration with other Optum business segments
- Develop thought leadership and share point of view in various mediums
- Program Delivery and Oversight (~75% Time Allocation):
- Direct responsibility for the delivery oversight of large scale program execution.
- Large scale network programs are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk.
- Facilitate development of business segment and enterprise level planning and program objective setting
- Participate in senior level program funding and prioritization decision processes
- Provide strategic input to the development of program roadmap and timelines
- Create a team oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies
- Support the management of resources within programs
- Support program communication plan and execution
- Require that quality assurance methods are implemented within the program
- Provide status updates and review of programs to senior leadership
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- 8+ years of experience with Health plan network development/ contracting understanding of network adequacy strategies
- 5+ years of experience in high demand network management consulting-related areas, including payment innovation, performance management of provider networks, ACOs, bundled payment, provider engagement etc.
- Experience leading strategic assessment and roadmap projects
- Big 5 or large consulting organization experience in provider and/or payer consulting
- 5+ years of experience leading large-scale/enterprise wide consulting engagements or large internal provider network healthcare projects/programs
- Experience developing consulting offerings or business development
- 3+ years of experience scoping and writing consulting statements of work
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment
- Professional competence in Microsoft PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Ability to travel up to 80% (Travel is based on project size, scope and location. Projects may require up to 80% travel. If travel is required , typical travel schedule is out early Monday, back late Thursday with telecommute from home on Friday)
- Undergraduate Degree
- Medicaid Network, referral management
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Travel, Consultant, Healthcare Consultant, Network Management, Provider Contracting, Provider Engagement, Big 5, Program Management, Health care, Provider, Payer, Eden Prairie, MN, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home, OptumConsulting, optuminsightconsulting