Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 Company.
Optum helps nearly 115 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
The Recoveries Team manages and recovers outstanding overpayments from medical providers, in partnership with teams and stakeholders in the U.S, the Philippines and Ireland. Our aim is to drive medical cost savings for the Payment Integrity function The Director, Recovery Operations will be a key member of the team who are responsible for identifying, developing and delivering an industry leading strategy for the Recoveries Team.
Based in Dublin, Ireland, leading 7 teams with oversight of approximately 220+ FTE’s including Mail, Appeals, Inquiries, Offset, and 3 global call teams based in the US, Ireland, and Manila. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities, be fundamentally sound, execute with precision, and deliver results (savings, revenue, turnaround times, and inventory management) with high accuracy and within stated time frames. The Director, Recovery Operations will also serve as a back-up for the Senior Director of Recoveries and will assist in driving leaders to meet or exceed established goals and metrics, while ensuring that all applicable compliance and ethical expectations and obligations are followed.
- Responsible for developing and setting strategic direction for your teams in partnership with enterprise-wide leadership to include vision, mission and 1 to 3 year plans
- Responsible for achieving team goals and upholding a high standard of operational performance throughout the teams in assigned organization
- Evolve existing business cadence to drive higher levels of performance
- Ensure the right balanced scorecard is in place for the businesses and ensure we have the best possible metrics in place to manage the businesses on an ongoing basis
- Develop an excellent working relationship with clients, both at the executive and daily operational levels. Drive plans to exceed client expectations and delight our clients
- Partner with matrixed organizations (e.g. Analytics, Technology, Finance and Human Capital) to ensure planned results are delivered
- Establish mechanism to drive for continuous improvement within the business
- Identify and execute on new opportunities for increases in efficiencies and performance
- Serve as a catalyst for change - challenge the status quo and bring your high level of intellectual curiosity to bear to improve your businesses
- Apply analytical / quantitative approach to problem solving - knows how to obtain and use data, and comfortable with statistical concepts
- Ability to produce superior results in a financial performance oriented environment
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience driving large and small scale process improvement initiatives
- Ability to assess large data sets, derive and communicate strategic action plans from this data to a wide Senior leadership audience
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skills within a matrix environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of management across all functional areas, as well as, business partners in other UHG entities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter; strong track record of proactively moving organizations forward by having the foresight to "see what is around the corner"
- Significant operational management experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: Director, Recovery Operations, Payment Integrity, Dublin, Ireland