PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Assume the lead role related to managing and resourcing all aspects of restaurant technologies as installed today, or contemplated to meet business strategies, for Arby's. Develop and/or implement strategic initiatives supporting overall technology department short and long term goals.
- Research, select, develop, deploy, communicate and maintain in store technology and related solutions for our corporate restaurants. Solutions noted also include all business partner relationships, their service level monitoring and budgetary commitments.
- Execute strategic initiatives as defined by technology executive management.
- Serve as the subject matter expert as it relates to all facets of point of sale, peripheral, back office solutions, above store reporting and system interface for all company owned units while demonstrating experience in improving restaurant operations introducing new and creative application of technology.
- Develop and lead a team of highly skilled business, technology and staff members tasked with supporting strategic initiatives as well as promoting new process and procedures that enhance the return on investment made in our in store technologies. Individual development plans for direct reports and key staff are required as a living document.
- Manage department G&A budget to include all staff, service and business partner expenses within established guidelines and budgets.
- Maintain current knowledge base related to all regulated and internal compliance requirements. In addition, provide IT management forward looking plans for maintaining compliance across all spectrums of in-store technology after coordinating with department peers.
- Define job duties, maintain current position descriptions, hire staff (both full-time and contractor positions), conduct performance appraisals and salary reviews, and performance management. Regularly review the skill sets of the staff and assist in creating individual development plans.
- Provide input into IT strategic plan. Contribute to the development of the annual IT budget. Provide high-level staffing plans. Manage relevant component of the IT budget. Forecast annual capital and expense for projects. Prepare cost benefit analysis.
- Effectively manage Client relationships and requests for IT services. Review requests, coordinate IT cost estimate, assist client in benefit analysis and prioritization. Educate clients on alternatives including adoption of emerging technologies.
- Effectively manage Projects and Programs: manage assigned projects and programs either directly or by overseeing project leaders and program managers. Review and approve project team structure, staffing, project plans, project budget. Deliver regular status reporting to IT management. Act as liaison with vendors of contract services to project teams.
- Provide resource planning, workload smoothing and coordinate roles and responsibilities within assigned area. Assign work to staff.
- Perform other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
- Required Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related
- Preferred: Master's Degree
Required Minimum: Ten or more years' experience in systems design, development, and implementation of applications, infrastructure or databases related to restaurant operations and associated technologies. Five to seven years' project management or IT staff management experience. Proven ability to oversee collaborative programs with executives, business owners and vendors, on complex technology initiatives, which bear tangible results. Significant prior analytical experience purchasing and implementing technology solutions. Working knowledge and existing relationships with restaurant industry leading technology vendors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
Knowledge of development techniques, applications of systems development, methodology, and multiple platform development experience. Knowledge of quick serve restaurant business processes. Ability to build relationships and lead committees and councils across operations communities. Ability to manage vendor relationships. Ability to develop a technology vision for restaurants that satisfy operational requirements. Financial analysis of technology, service and development alternatives.
Communication, visioning, relationship building, organizing, planning, and business acumen are the most critical skills.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Recommend strategic technologies for corporate implementation. Select and recommend vendors for strategic relationships. Interact with department executives within ARG.
- Variable based upon corporate requirements.