Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, Sales and Account Management, Small Business, will be responsible for the management of the account executive and account management team pertaining to the health plan's Small Business market segment, selling to customers employing from 2-99 employees. The management of the sales and acct mgt team will include monitoring both the profitability and the revenue generated along with the retention of existing business and NBEA (New Business Existing Acct). Supports all products available in the market and is accountable for growing the Small Business book. Recruits, trains and coaches the sales staff for the Small Business market. Ability to execute on Healthcare Reform strategies.
1. Adept at understanding complex concepts and situations presented by the business environment.
2. Quickly assesses complex problems and selects the appropriate solution.
3. Possesses very strong consultative skills.
1. Strong knowledge of Small Group products sold in their market.
2. Selects the correct product for the customer's situation.
3. Makes recommendations for changes and can train others on skills.
Project Management and Organizational Skills
1. Leads teams in any project related to the selling environment.
2. Develops work plans to effectively manage projects.
3. Translates business strategies into clear objectives.
Relationship Building and Influence
1. Builds internal networks and consensus to shape decisions of upper management.
2. Builds and maintains positive, constructive working relationships with senior levels as well as internal and external customers especially brokers in the local market.
2+ years of management experience in sales and/or account management
Possess a strong track record in a results-oriented sales environment
Demonstrated experience in the sales process for a full range of products, including but not limited to Medical and Ancillary
Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law and ability to travel as required.
Understanding of sales operations highly valued
Bachelor's degree preferred
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Director, Sales, Account Management, Small Business, Centennial, CO, Colorado