The Security Summit is a public-private partnership between the IRS, the Tax Industry and the State Departments of Revenue. The focus of the Security Summit is on the prevention, detection and victim assistance of stolen identity refund fraud (SIRF). The general mission is to implement best practices for authenticating the taxpayer and sharing information about suspicious patterns and threats. Additionally, there’s a multi-year road map for implementing cybersecurity and building communications and outreach programs to educate both taxpayers and tax professionals on how to prevent and detect SIRF.
The Director - Security Summit Initiatives will lead, and direct work associated with the Security Summit initiatives for H&R Block, ensuring alignment with strategic priorities and brand. The Director will develop the strategy and short and long-term planning, in partnership with the VP - Regulatory Affairs, related to the Security Summit. Partners with key internal stakeholders in Legal, IT, Compliance, Fraud, Product, Communications, Legal, Marketing and Operations to ensure H&R Block implements commitments made to the Security Summit. Will utilize expertise in information security, cyber security and identity theft issues impacting the tax business to develop and implement programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of programs related to the Security Summit initiative.
- Represent H&R Block on the Security Summit, actively contributing at conferences, on committees and on conference calls with participants.
- Define the strategy and desired outcomes of H&R Block’s participation in and commitment to the Security Summit.
- Partner with groups throughout the organization to determine if requirements under the Security Summit can be implemented, and if so, that they are being implemented.
- Provide oversight and monitoring to ensure implementation of Security Summit initiatives.
- Report regularly to senior leadership regarding Security Summit initiatives.
- Assess and advocate for security initiatives and emerging technologies that could help to enhance processes, corporate perception or corporate advantage.
- Utilize deep knowledge of information security, cyber security and identify theft to make recommendations and drive initiatives.
- Ensure that commitments to meet State Department requirements are delivered upon.
- Lead, guide, mentor and provide development opportunities for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or comparable areas.
- Preferred: EA, CPA, JD, MBA; PMP
- 10+ years of tax experience (operations, administration) or relevant experience
- Five (5) years’ experience with cyber security, identity theft and fraud issues or relevant experience
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with external stakeholders
- Strong executive presence, comfortable interacting with the top levels of the organization
- Expertise in information security issues impacting the tax business
- Expertise on cyber security and identity theft issues
- Open to change and driving new initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experience developing and managing program budgets.
- Experience with short-term and long-range strategic planning and budgeting.
- Deep knowledge of with tax (regulatory etc.) issues.
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in Big 4 consulting environment
- 4-6 years of experience with short-term and long-range strategic planning.