Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY
The Security Summit is a public-private partnership between the IRS, the Tax Industry and the State Departments of Revenue. The focus of the Security Summit is on the prevention, detection and victim assistance of stolen identity refund fraud (SIRF). The general mission is to implement best practices for authenticating the taxpayer and sharing information about suspicious patterns and threats. Additionally, there’s a multi-year road map for implementing cybersecurity and building communications and outreach programs to educate both taxpayers and tax professionals on how to prevent and detect SIRF.
The Program Director - Security Summit Initiatives will lead, and direct work associated with the security summit initiatives for H&R Block, in alignment with our strategic priorities and brand. The Program Director will be responsible for developing the strategy with the VP of Regulatory affairs and will partner with key internal stakeholders in Legal, IT, compliance, Fraud, Product, Communications, Legal, Marketing and Operations. Will utilize expertise in information security, cyber security and identity theft issues impacting the tax business to develop and implement programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and manages the completion of multiple, interdependent projects that make up a program; highly complex, multi-year, ongoing programs. Leads projects related to strategic initiatives of the organization. Timeframes are typically longer-term and multi-year.
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned programs including the business change. Act as a single point of contact for assigned programs.
- Define the strategy and desired outcomes of assigned program(s) that are aligned to the strategic objectives of the business.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to obtain and commit necessary associate resources at the appropriate time, level, and expertise to support the programs.
- Deliver programs on time and on budget with superior quality.
- Coordinate all activities with, and report regularly to senior leadership/sponsorship teams.
- Monitor and mitigate project/ program risks.
- Provide oversight to ensure completion of program deliverables. Ensure entire programs are delivered on time and on budget with superior quality.
- Provide oversight to teams of individuals from cross functional teams, as well as vendors to accomplish program outcomes.
- Establish appropriate project management tools, processes and procedures for the corporate project management office as well as ensuring compliance with such tools.
- Manage the program budget, putting in place financial disciplines and ensuring their execution to meet or beat budget.
- Develop contract and manage vendor relationships and ensure their delivery, on time and on budget.
- Responsible for the delivery of project components.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or comparable areas.
- Preferred: EA, CPA, JD, MBA; PMP
- 10+ years of tax experience (operations, administration) or relevant experience
- Five (5) years’ experience with cyber security, identity theft and fraud issues or relevant experience
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with external stakeholders
- Strong executive presence, comfortable interacting with the top levels of the organization
- Expertise in information security issues impacting the tax business
- Expertise on cyber security and identity theft issues
- Open to change and driving new initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experience developing and managing program budgets.
- Experience with short-term and long-range strategic planning and budgeting.
- Deep knowledge of with tax (regulatory etc.) issues.
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- 12+ years of tax experience (operations, administration) or relevant experience
- Experience in Big 4 consulting environment
- 4-6 years of experience with short-term and long-range strategic planning.