WHY JOIN BUFFALO WILD WINGS
Buffalo Wild Wings is the largest sports bar in the country. We sell more wings, beer, and have games on more TVs than any other restaurant brand. Buffalo Wild Wings has the potential to be a truly unique brand in culture that bridges food, beverage, sports and experience.
The award-winning team that turned around the Arby's brand and launched the "We Have the Meats" campaign is building a marketing team to realize the full potential of what this brand can be. It's an incredible challenge and opportunity. We intend to have a great time together in the process, possibly over a few cold beers.
This role is among the most influential in helping Buffalo Wild Wings operate like one of the top sports brands in America. This role will oversee the brand's sports marketing arm, with a heavy focus on sports and entertainment partnerships, program development and activation of those partnerships both on and off premise.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Build and execute compelling sports and entertainment activations and partnerships that generate brand affinity and conversation.
- Lead a team of marketers to evolve the sports and entertainment marketing function and its impact across the brand.
- Develop and drive strategic approach, creative ideation and activation of sports and entertainment partnerships.
- Negotiate sports and entertainment deals, while evaluating current relationships.
- Partner with advertising, communications, field marketing and restaurant experience to implement programs in and out of restaurant.
- Build a team and develop a culture of finding innovative solutions to business and brand challenges. Insight driven, compelling, and unexpected.
Author executive level presentations and business updates for audiences that include VP level, C-Level, advisory councils, and board of directors
- Bachelor's degree, with preference in Marketing, Business or Communications
- Minimum 10 years of experience. Experience desired in at least one of the following areas: sports marketing, entertainment, sports partnerships, corporate partnerships strategy, talent procurement.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture.
- Seasoned in leading experienced-focused sports and entertainment partnerships and activations for brands.
- Strong integrated marketing skills -- understanding of how to drive strategy development through creative concepting and on to event/program execution
- An entrepreneurial attitude. Pro-active thinking. Ability to drive thoughtful dialog and roll with the punches.
- Knack for delivering the Big Idea as part of a partnership/program.
- Experience in leading innovation -- first, best, only.
- Experience with brands in the food, alcohol, sports, or experience space.
- Ability to work and lead in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on time
Authority to build strategy and marketing plans with final approval from VP and C level.
Manager, Sports & Entertainment Partnerships
Manager, Regular Season Sports
Manager, Championship Events
Manager, Emerging Sports & Entertainment
Manager, Local Sports
Manager, Event Activation