At UMR a United Healthcare company, we're getting the word out on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. And that's where you come in.
As a Product Manager, you'll strategically and creatively think about how the consumer experience should work ? translating a vision to processes and requirements that impact millions of lives and help heal the health care system. In return, you'll have a lasting impact on our success and the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate stop loss markets
- Responsible for setting agendas for monthly stewardship and annual leadership meetings with preferred stop loss carriers
- Primary contact with stop loss carriers on UMR relationship
- Optimize stop loss market relationships through recognition of UMR products and services
- Work with field employees, brokers, consultants and stop loss carriers to develop solutions to meet customer requirements and expectations
- Present to brokers, customer and prospects on UMR’s stop loss value proposition
- Attend field coordinated Stop Loss Summits
- Investigate marketing and competitive issues
- Assist in development and presentation of stop loss training programs for sales executives and field employees
- Maintain and develop Stop Loss marketing materials, carrier contact listings and external facing SharePoint marketing material site
- Work closely with Stop Loss Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Pricing and Stop Loss Claim areas for stop loss coordination and overall acquisition strategy
- Assist and coordinate case level assistance between field staff and preferred stop loss carrier relationships
- Coordinate Stop Loss Preferred Carrier NPS annual survey
- Maintain appropriate reporting to track metrics around performance of preferred carrier relationships
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Bachelors’ degree is required with emphasis in marketing, sales support, product management
- A minimum of 5+ years of related account management, relationship management experience
- Strong knowledge of stop loss helpful
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating PC’s and mainframe software applications (Microsoft Office, MS Word, MS Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Demonstrates sound decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Evidence of ability to function independently
- Organize work, set priorities and establish an efficient, well-organized work assignment
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills. Displays a positive, team-oriented attitude and a willingness to work in a team environment
- Evidence of ability and willingness to learn and adapt to frequent changes to work flows, processes and procedures resulting from new technology, customer demands, competitive pressures, etc.
- Flexibility in working beyond normal work hours to meet deadlines
- Periodic travel required
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.