PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Lead the enterprise-wide Project Management Office (PMO), which includes evaluating, on-boarding and tracking approved brand-level and shared services (Inspire Brands-level) projects. Scope includes on-boarding integration-related projects as acquisition integration plans are developed.
- Develop and roll-out multi-level strategic planning process to each brand and to the Inspire Brands shared services organization. The strategic initiatives that result from the process will lead to:
- Current year and future PMO projects
- Assumptions to inform brand-level, long-range plan model
- Assumptions to inform consolidated, long-range plan model
- Track and report progress towards value creation synergy opportunities in collaboration with the Corporate and Brand Finance teams.
- Direct the activities and output of multi-brand, multi-level Business Strategy and PMO department including Managers and Analysts. Responsibilities include financial decision-making leadership for the strategic planning and enterprise PMO organization, team development, communication, formal performance appraisals, work review and hiring.
- Implement and oversee multi-brand strategic planning and PMO structures, including the establishment of process guidelines for initiative leaders as well as financial and other metrics. Ensure that PMO updates are provided to the Inspire and Brand Executive Teams monthly and issues, along with recommended solutions, are escalated as needed.
- Lead the financial analysis of strategic initiatives, provide process guidance to initiative leaders, develop and maintain / automate tracking templates, and help to execute the annual strategic planning process. This responsibility will include significant coordination with brand leadership in Marketing, Operations, Development, as well as with Treasury, Finance and Accounting; and require coordination of FP&A and PM resources. Coordinate with Finance to ensure that approved projects are captured correctly in AOP and quarterly forecasts.
- Identify and implement project management tools to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the PMO.
- Ensure that projects leverage necessary Project Manager resources from within the team, from IT or from external PM contractors.
- Scope includes on-boarding integration-related projects as acquisition integration plans are developed.
- Support brand leadership and finance teams with tools, approaches and analysis for significant projects including potential areas such as:
- Development related initiatives: Remodel prioritization and new restaurant development.
- Restaurant portfolio management initiatives: Restaurant acquisitions and strategic sale transactions as well as closure mitigation alternatives for under-performing restaurants.
- Market optimization frameworks and strategy for company and franchisee markets -- provide support to brands and brand finance teams.
- Prepare detailed analysis and summary outputs for use by internal management, Roark and the BOD for decision-making.
- Track and report progress on a monthly basis towards value creation synergy opportunities in collaboration with the Corporate and Brand Finance teams.
- Prepare accurate and appropriate financial models to project returns on anticipated restaurant development, multi-year corporate initiatives, capital expenditures, and brand growth plans.
- Help to implement and coordinate PM staffing model for multi-brand organization, defining potential Project Manager resources from within the team, from IT or from external PM contractors.
- Prepare various "ad-hoc" analyses as requested by management.
- Oversee preparation of presentations related to strategic plans and PMO for the Board as well as internal Senior Management (AOP, forecasts, quarterly BOD presentations, etc.). Present to these audiences as appropriate. Ensure the accuracy of all information and confirm that outputs meet our very high standards.
- Develop and maintain industry benchmark reporting. Monitor peer companies and provide benchmarking as well as other analyses as seen thru the eyes of restaurant industry consumers, analysts and investors.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, strategy, or a related field.
- Preferred: Advanced education in strategic planning and / or project management.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or Strategy.
- Required: 10+ years of relevant work experience including business strategy, project management, financial / project analysis and / or FP&A experience.
- Strongly preferred: Prior project management, strategic planning, consulting and / or investment banking experience.
- Preferred: Restaurant/retail experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Strong track record as a proven leader.
- Excellent executive presence with outstanding analytical and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of project management tools.
- Strong finance, project / capital assessment, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage teams with competing priorities, often with considerable time constraints.
- Preferred: Experience with relational databases including Oracle and Access.
- Strongly preferred: Experience with Business Intelligence analysis and presentation tools, including Tableau, Power BI and SharePoint.
- Employment status decisions
- Process decisions
- Funds authorization in accordance with Company approved process
- Subordinate responsibility delegation
- Departmental budget decisions
- Policy creation
- Strategic initiative recommendations
- Relevant BOD presentations approval
- Responsible for 2-3 direct reports
- Total organization of 3-4 employees