The Director of Strategic Planning will be responsible for directing strategic planning efforts across UnitedHealthcare, leading cross-functional strategic projects, developing new and actionable insights into industry/competitive dynamics, and preparing reports, presentations and other project deliverables for both internal and external use. This role interfaces regularly with the UnitedHealthcare Executive Council and other leaders across the enterprise.
- Lead strategic projects across UnitedHealthcare
- Direct business planning efforts for UnitedHealthcare across all lines of business and functional areas
- Lead in creation of frameworks and analysis to support strategic decisions
- Conduct analysis on topics such as new market opportunities, strategic initiatives, business development, competitive landscape, and cross-business segment opportunities
- Develop strategic presentations and materials for use both internally and externally, including Investor Day and other conferences and forums
- Create build or buy analysis in support of business case development
- Prepare Board of Directors materials on business performance, market opportunities, and deep dive topics
- Partner with business leaders to drive innovation and diversification agendas
- Continuously monitor and evaluate UnitedHealthcare goals and identify opportunities for improvement
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or other relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in strategy, management consulting, product or general management
- Proven ability to articulate business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Graduate degree in business or healthcare administration
- History of quickly gaining credibility, partnering with business leaders and exhibiting executive presence
- History of effectively driving results in a dynamic, matrixed environment with high degree of organizational change and ambiguity
- Ability to champion continuous change and consult with versatility
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Excel, PowerPoint, management consulting, frameworks, analysis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota