The Director, Infrastructure & Network, is responsible for infrastructure architecture, performance, availability, incident, capacity, configuration, and change-management processes and for the tools, vendors and resources to support 24×7 uptime and availability SLAs. She/He will also be expected to provide leadership in the design and development of resilient network, storage and compute architectures, evaluation and selection of vendors for cloud based and hosted services as well as recruitment/performance management of engineers on the team.
• Deliver overall IT Infrastructure vision and execution leadership for the company including definition of detailed roadmaps, drive planning and execution, hire skilled and capable team and ensure continued alignment with key stakeholders.
• Actively collaborate with the operations team on maintaining a high level of operational readiness on the infrastructure front, including proactive monitoring and alerting of existing infrastructure, governance, review and approval of infrastructure changes and ensuring expedited triage and resolution of infrastructure/network issues and when they arise.
• Drive all security initiatives related to infrastructure in constant alignment with the security roadmap. Continuously collaborate with CISO on security assessments, fortification of all infrastructure assets, user access management and mitigation of vulnerabilities.
• IT Leadership team in making decisions related to infrastructure/network and other related technologies Technology Supported • Knowledge and understanding of Cisco Networking & VPN Devices including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices • Knowledge of OSI Layers for network troubleshooting • Remote access and IPsec VPNs • Knowledge and understanding of MPLS and VPLS WANs • VoIP - Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity
• Manage and new and existing support and services vendors and drive contract negotiation in close collaboration with the internal procurement team while ensuring that appropriate SLAs are built into the service contracts and adhered to.
• Identify opportunities to leverage technology to increase employee productivity and/or reduce costs, while tracking and managing existing equipment and license costs.
• Professionally lead colleagues and team members through barriers, or competing or differing points of views and priorities through to resolution.
• Work closely with DevOps and Applications engineering teams in rolling out new applications/systems and establish operational procedures and guidelines around the same.
• Recruit and build a high performing and motivated team in association with our managed services partner. Continually evaluate performance of the organization on a regular basis through well-defined metrics and reports.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• A bachelor's degree in information systems, engineering or equivalent work experience: advanced degree preferred.
• 10+ years of leading and managing IT infrastructure and network teams with at least 5+ years prior experience working with AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Hands on leader with a proven track record of building and managing world-class, large-scale, distributed, enterprise-class software and infrastructure tools and systems along with the knowledge and willingness to stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies to constantly drive efficiency.
• Knowledge of and experience in
o AWS cloud
o Linux & Windows platform administration including patching and upgrades
o Firewalls and other security infrastructure
o Storage and backup services (SAN, NAS, etc.)
o MPLS, LAN/WAN, Cisco switches and routers and other supporting
o Knowledge of Internet, security and e-mail protocols, DNS, HTTP, SMTP,
o Knowledge and understanding of Cisco Networking & VPN Devices
including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices
o Knowledge of OSI Layers for network troubleshooting. Remote access and
o VoIP - Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity
• Thorough understanding of key platform concepts such as performance, redundancy, fail-over, DR, etc.
• Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills to assess and recommend technology and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in executing/delivering cross functional projects in a dynamic, fast-paced matrixed environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to present effectively to senior managers including CEO, CTO and executive leadership team.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.