DescriptionThe Director of Training Development & Management will rely on strong interpersonal and leadership skills to maintain the trust of employees and further supervise their continued training. Strong organizational skills are required to manage the needs of each employee and which training techniques best suit the business unit’s needs. Success in this job requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the organization.
- Directly responsible for training roadmap and all training programs to ensure they enhance the knowledge and skills of Humana contact center and back office associates to include +40,000 internal and vendor operations learners annually
- Use of advanced analytics to trend and continuously improve time to competency, reduce attrition, and improve customer satisfactions outcomes
- Defining and deploying the necessary mechanisms ensuring compliance and discretionally learning activities are addressed and goals and KPIs are achieved.
- Develop staff to identify and deliver added value to our customers, both internal and external
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business units (BUs) business objectives, culture, values, systems, processes and procedures, products, and services as they affect the contact center training curriculum
- Liaise with multiple groups: the BUs to anticipate future training needs, collaborate with QA to identify remedial training needs, and evaluate BU metrics to identify performance gaps
- Ensure training objectives are aligned with BUs strategic goals
- Measure BU performance aligned with Training Development & Management activities to ensure effectiveness
- Identify and execute plans for training development improvements/modifications based on scorecard performance results.
- Provide performance feedback based on observations/audits of curricula developed by CDs identifying and coaching to improvement opportunities
- Observe agile development sessions and provide guidance as necessary
- Review survey results and hold periodic focus forums/drill downs with operational associates to identify curricula gaps
- Ongoing review of training programs to ensure relevance; ensure training methods, content, software utilization, etc. are appropriate and at industry best practice levels
- 10 years call center training leadership experience in worldwide insource and outsource service operations models
- 5 years’ experience in offshore and Business Process Outsourced trainer certification programs
- 5 years’ experience is high volume high seasonal ramp environments
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of experience managing people
- Experience with LMS functionality and best practice curriculum development/delivery methodologies
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to problem solve, remove obstacles and strategize to enable future success
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to maintain productive and collaborative working relationships within the BU and with key stakeholders translating customer objectives into training deliverables
- Ability to evaluate staff performance in developing effective content and provide coaching, guidance as required
- Ability to direct the staff to optimize development methodologies and tailor content to the audience
- Identify methodologies for effective learning based on content and audience
- Ability to adjust priorities based on Humana’s current or evolving business needs
- Ability to WAH and travel as needed.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with curricula development software and flow charting software
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Instructional design experience
- Professional writing experience (e.g., journalism, ad agency, etc.)
This area is under the leadership of the Service Vice President, Enterprise Shared Services.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40