BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Reporting directly to the SVP, Treasurer, the Director of Treasury leads the Treasury function and is responsible for managing the team responsible for all of BJ's corporate treasury and cash management activities. Corporate Treasury activities include managing commercial banking relationships, treasury operations, credit agreement compliance, bank fee structures, cash forecasting, hedging programs, bank audits, financial statement disclosures and interest rate management and budgeting. This person manages the Senior Treasury Analyst with functions that include daily cash positioning, managing borrowings, travel card and bank administration, and ensuring daily payments to outside vendors and transfers between BJ's bank accounts are processed timely and accurately. Cash Management activities include supervising the team responsible for reconciling club cash and check deposits as well as corporate abandoned property escheatment and reporting.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinate financial transactions with commercial banks and other financial institutions to support short and long-term company capital structure objectives. Ongoing management of company's credit facilities to ensure adherence to covenants and timely reporting of required financials and borrowing base compliance. Manage relationships with banks and rating agencies.
- Manage daily cash positioning process, including planning and execution of borrowing strategies and managing cash levels accordingly. Direct ongoing development and enhancement of cash forecasting methodology to provide accurate and timely cash projections for reporting to senior management and to minimize borrowing costs and maximize return on investment. Manage commercial banking and cash management relationships.
- Manage financial exposures to interest rate risks through implementation of appropriate hedging strategies.
- Manage Corporate Travel and Purchasing Card program and administration
- Manage Standby LC (Letter of Credit) process to ensure proper processing and control at the most favorable rates.
- Evaluate Treasury/Cash Management related processes and systems and make recommendations for improved efficiency and/or control.
- Collaborate closely with other departments such as Financial Accounting and Reporting, Accounts Payable, Tax, FP&A, Asset Protection, Internal Audit and Legal
- Manage and develop staff of 5 persons.
- 8-10+ years relevant experience in Finance/Treasury of a large retail corporation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. CTP and/or CPA preferred. Substantive knowledge of the banking industry and bank systems, corporate capital structure and credit agreement compliance
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills
- Accounting and accounting systems knowledge a plus. Familiarity with banking platforms and systems required.
- Looking for a team player with strong communication skills and ability to work well cross-functionally
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.