As the Director of Value Based Services you will be the major support for sales opportunities and projects for the team. You will support Optum Life Sciences(OLS) Chief Medical Officer, Vice President of Value Based Contracting, and the Vice President of Clinical Services. The team has a focus on the clinical aspect of Value Based Services including Value Based Contracting.
In this position you will have responsibility as a leader on Value Based Contracting arrangements from initial sale through to execution. You will also have responsibility for other clinical value based services for some clients within the team, including but not limited to, strategic payer summit, pipeline assessments, and other projects from our Life Sciences clients.
As part of the team the Director will have responsibility for and be involved in sales opportunities with clients in conjunction with the OLS business development team. This role will provide key input in to the strategy, business case presentation, design, development, and launch of new products, product enhancements, and/or market opportunities that cut across all channels that Optum Life Science serves. This role will be responsible for presenting to our multiple clients including pharma and device manufacturers and our multiple health plan clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Reports to Vice President on the Value Based Services team
- Key leader contributing to Optum Life Sciences becoming a recognized industry leader in Market Access consulting leveraging the strengths of the broader Optum and United Health Group expertise
- Spends 40% of time developing new business opportunities and 60% providing management oversight on project delivery and staff development
- Works to support leadership with a departmental target of $4M in annual sales, $3M in revenue, at 60% direct margin and an individual billable rate of 60%
- Grows Top Line Performance:
- Develop, network and utilize champions and industry contacts to grow the Optum Life Science’s business both for Market Access and other service lines
- Builds and maintains client executive relationships presenting a positive image of UnitedHealth Group and Optum in the marketplace
- Provides input into the strategy, business case presentation, design, development, and launch of new products, product enhancements, and / or market opportunities that cut across all channels Optum Life Sciences serves
- Supports strategy and vision for product roadmaps
- Establishes collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to enhance our mission of helping people live healthier lives
- Ensures Consistent Delivery for Clients:
- Main day to day client facing contact for project delivery
- Indirect oversight of VBS team (8 to 10+ FTEs) to deliver projects within budget and timelines
- Oversees a project portfolio of between 5 to 10 projects at all times depending on project scope, complexity and timelines
- Build frameworks, process and discipline throughout the team to drive consistency in delivery
- Effectively manages escalated client situations to a positive result, anticipating problems, working with key internal constituents, and driving resolution
- Delivers Consistent Financial Performance for Optum:
- Maintains a rapid and consistent pace for consulting teams to sell and deliver a growing stream of work and resources the organization appropriately
- Supports and provides input regarding process to scope and price individual projects to ensure differentiation and optimal profitability, balancing the need to discount work for strategic clients
- Leverages resources wisely to optimize staff utilization on billable work
- Grows Organizational Capabilities:
- Ability to translate ideas into strategies, define a plan for those strategies, and work cross - functionally to launch and execute on product development plans
- Support the development of market and sales strategies and value proposition
- Navigate and influence multiple cross - functional teams in a complex, matrix work environment, which may require working across Optum and UHG business units
- Define frameworks and process to standardize routine pieces of proposal development and project delivery so that staff con focus on customizing solutions to our clients’ unique business needs
- Bachelors Degree with Advanced degree preferred, PharmD, MBA, PhD, MD or equivalent
- 5+ years of PBM or healthcare experience with extensive knowledge of formulary, and payer strategies.
- Ability to travel at 25% of the time (approx. 1-3 days / 2x per month during the week)
- 2+ years working within a matrixed organization
- Experience managing projects or client engagements
- Experience managing to a sales quota, management of budget, project management budget, management of revenue generation, or the like
- East Coast resident, but other regions maybe considered
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a flexible, unstructured, fast - paced environment, navigating in a highly - complex, matrix environment
- High energy level, positive attitude, output driven and team orientated
- A people person that connects with others easily
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the worlds large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Value Based Services, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Working from Home, optumconsulting